Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ProMaster City
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there just curious if anyone has ever used one of these with a city? Seems pretty awesome but dont know about the back doors opening and closing.
98581086-E9B7-40A0-8416-AD655DF91672.jpeg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes, you can leave the doors open with this. If you have the roof rack rails, you can make a similar version yourself with a tarp, bug net, and two poles for around $100.

·
Registered
2018 ProMaster City
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I am sure one is easily made from a tarp, this one is $150 and designed specifically for the purpose. I hear the bug net is annoying but thought it might be worth a try. Liked how it attached to the wheels. Wondering how when attached to the PMC SLT alloys would the Wheel straps interfere with the side door slides.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for pointing that tarp with netting out. I just ordered one - and through tonight they have a 25% off coupon and free shipping.

·
Registered
2018 ProMaster City
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I know. That is part of the reason I posted about it. I got set into the black hole of the internet. No bad reviews on this this all over the internet. Still looking at this and the rhino rack bat wing awning. I know 2 completely different options. I think I am going to hold off for now on all. Can you please post pictures and let me know how it is when you get it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sure. I just figured for $161 incl shipping and tax, it seems like a solid solution for us. Especially since the way our campervan is set up, we do food prep and cooking out the back doors. I realize for other setups and people, there may be equally or better solutions.

·
Registered
2018 ProMaster City
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are the same way with the kitchen out the back. I hope it works for you and it seems like an awesome option. Looking forward to seeing it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts