Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the floor in the cab area gets pretty warm almost hot after prolonged driving on the freeway. Its not a huge issue but it does generate a significant amount of heat in the van, makes my feet feel like I'm standing on warm pavement. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this and if it is normal? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or info.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Funny but "I've noticed the floor area in the cab" on ProMaster is kind of lumpy & shabby looking. Seems to be some insulation under a low quality/too thin, synthetic rubber, floor mat. Impression is cab floor is poorly done & needs to be improved.

Anybody seen, or made, an upgrade?

Was told gas tank & battery are located under raised cab floor, also noticed that a catalytic converter & heat shield is under passenger floor. There's a huge heat shield, crosswise, under floor, directly behind seats, over muffler.

Plenty of heat underneath, no matter how you cut it. Haven't seen what they use for electric fan(s)?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,378 Posts
All my vans that I have owned got warm. I can't say if itwas hot I don't own one now, but when parking for the night I would open thehood made a big difference on the heat transfer to the interior of the van.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I drove 3 hours straight this morning thru Denver's rush hour traffic. When I got to my job I checked the floor and it wasn't even lukewarm. I wonder why your is? Are you in a particularly hot climate?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its been consistently in the upper 70's - 90 degrees. It only seems to really warm up on the freeway cruising at 70mph. Both the area directly under the passengers feet and the area under the drivers feet get warm. I know there is a lot going on under the floor up there in the front. I just wonder if it is a result of thin insulation over the sheet metal floor. Its not a huge deal I've just never experienced it in a vehicle before. But I've never had a vehicle like this before either. Heck it might be nice in the winter when its freezing out!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine gets hot as well. I bought my PM a week ago and have put 1000 miles on it so far. The floor is warmer than i'd expect it to be after driving for awhile. I'm not concerned at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine gets warm, over the weekend took a 12 hr straight run stopping for gas only and the floor was pretty hot at the end of the day. But for the most part its just slightly warm after my day to day runs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is typical of vans by design. My Promaster 3500 ext does have this but just a little. The main difference is the transmission being under engine, if you will, due to FWD instead of the entire length of the van. Look at the e - series; that tranny ran right down the middle of the cab and right into the rear of vehicle. On the e - series my feet would sweat; very very hot. The e - series also had that hump and like zero leg space for passenger front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts