Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,530 Posts
Found on 'de web

The Basics: Ram is recalling a total of 18,121 examples of the 2015 ProMaster with production dates between October 1, 2014, and June 17, 2015. These include 16,114 of them in the US, 1,498 in Canada, 503 in Mexico, and 6 outside the NAFTA region.

The Problem: The ignition switch can intermittently lose electrical contact, and this can potentially cause the vans to stall. If the problem occurs, the vehicles might also lose functionality of the airbags, anti-lock brakes, electronic stability control, and instruments.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
That tech in the website is reason enough to take my van in for a through inspection. My wife likes the tech guy at our local dealer better. Each to their own.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That website don't even acknowledge my vin as real. But a trip mailbox revealed yesterday's mail contained a recall for mine. I am thinking mine needs a permanent stall at the shop.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That tech in the website is reason enough to take my van in for a through inspection. My wife likes the tech guy at our local dealer better. Each to their own.
RD, its the van getting the inspection, not you. >:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I received mine via my account at ownermoparconnect. Build date 10/14

·
Registered
186 Posts
Funny I got one to, but FCA took my 2015 back in September and gave me the 2016...No surprise they failed to inform themselves, heck the 5 months my 2015 was down I never got any communication and now they start...lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paid for my new 2015 PM 1500 over a week ago but they wont let me drive it home until the recalled part is replaced. No ETA on when this part will be available from my dealer. Could be months. Considering a full refund.
Anyone getting an ETA from their dealer?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received mine too. Any sense that this faulty switch is behind the CEL (and other warning light) issue and that FCA USA is finally addressing the problem, with some confidence, en masse? Or, could this be a totally different issue?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts