Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
BDN,

I changed mine to those computer-aware LED direct replacements. About the same brightness.... only 3 leds in a row. Looks better, but not much brighter.

I wondered if a brighter unit would draw more and trigger a computer issue...

Ed

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i doubt if it will be an issue...my led's in the back still have the fade to black function and they havent been an issue...i'll post info when i'm done...it needs to be a LOT brighter

·
Registered
258 Posts
You should have an issue with a higher current draw other then possibly blowing a fuse if the light is power enough. Problem with the existing one is the positioning and light refraction... I'm curious to see what you come upwith bulldogneon, I'd like to change mine as well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, the factory lamps are 10w each so thats 20 total...the led panels draw 3 watts each so thats 6...a third of the original draw and the luminosity output HAS to be 4x at least...i try and take a pic in complete darkness to show the cab lit up...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what should we do next...we already changed the horn to a dog bark, added my EVzx5's to the rear doors and a 2800watt amp to make them go...maybe a removable center console tall enough for the fat dog to walk underneath, but big enough for him to lay down on and have cup holders in?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the link! Bulldogneon. I have been enjoying all your posts and really like the mods you have done on your van.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bulldogneon, You should be a paid consultant to FCA for all of the "fixes" you have performed on the PM! From the seat height cut down, to backup camera refinements, to interior lighting, you have improved the PM with simple to implement changes that FCA should make. How about addressing the non tilting steering column, just kidding, nice work.

·
Registered
42 Posts

something like this...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-48-Chips-COB-LED-Interior-Lamp-Dome-Light-Panel-T10-Festoon-Adapter-White-/281330877285?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4180a08365&vxp=mtr

easy and awesome, huge difference...u just need some extra 3m double stick tape because the mounting surface is concave, so you need to fill it up a bit...
but i'm very happy with the result
Thanks for the write up... Im about to do the same thing.
Question, when you remove the light, is it the whole assembly or just the clear plastic part that comes off? I started to pull on it and was not sure, so I stopped.

Yours looks awesome and I cant wait do ditch the brown little lights that are there now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts