Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 2500 Diesel expires Jan 2018. I got a quote for a 7 year, 75K warranty for about $3200 including tax from FCA.

Anyone else done this? Anyone willing to share their costs? How about going to someone other than FCA?

That cost includes towing, trip disruption, FOB replacement, and some other stuff. Also requires a $100 deductible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased 7year/ 150,000 Maximum Care-Commercial Truck- MOPAR Factory
Warranty for $3365.00- this was purchased 2-1-17- They are considering Promasters commercial trucks for warranty purposes and premiums have gone way up- this includes $100 deductable
From CR Chrysler Dodge

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ouch, that seems steep. I wish I bought mine when I bought truck, I believe it was $1300 then. Might just skip it now.

·
Registered
227 Posts
FYI any part that has been replaced at a dealership with factory parts and by a factory tech are warranted for 2 years unlimited miles parts and labor. This is FCA policy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was just quotes $2400 for a 2 year unlimited Mile "added care plus" warranty... considering i drive about 100k a year and my van has spent 55 days at the dealer i might go for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the extended through the dealer at the original sale. I had read that they pay $900 for it at the time. I believe they started at 4k+ and after a few refusals, as i recall, i paid 12-1300 for it. My van spent a couple days a few times at the dealer and i got to drive a brand new 3500 diesel and 1500 diesel each time. I'm happy with my purchase and i'm barely a 1/3 the way through coverage.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Follow up.

Called back again and got a quote for 7yr / 60k miles for $2746. Guy on the phone was a typical sales guy telling me I was wrong, yada yada (especially when I let him know I had the power train Warranty 5 yr / 100K on the 2014s). He went on to tell me all of the stuff that could go wrong. I told him I didn't see the value in the extra 2 years and he told me I was wrong again. He had no interest in reducing the price, though I didn't ask bluntly.

Not sure what I'll do in the next few months before it expires in Jan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2015 pm 3500 diesel 159 high roof with 34500 miles and they offered me 5 year 100k with $100 deductible for $4100 and it is from Mopar vehicle protection a product of FCA LLC. I have also found this https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com and they offer bumper to bumper 5 year 125k with 0 deductible for $2760
and i am not sure what to think about this, has anyone tried chrysler warranty direct?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have also found this https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com and i am not sure what to think about this, has anyone tried chrysler warranty direct?
It looks legit on the surface. They say they are a FCA-authorized dealer selling official FCA-Mopar coverage at discount. That likely means they are just discounting their own dealership markup. There are many, many different coverage levels that are also priced according to current vehicle age/mileage, so be really careful to compare apples and apples.

I got curious and emailed to ask if they cover Canadian vehicles. They don't, and a quick google didn't turn up similar Canadian online discounters. But any dealership could probably offer a discount if they want, which means you could shop around just like you do for a vehicle.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Remember that is a negotiable price on a commodity available from any RAM dealer in the USA, no need to suffer pressure tactics at selling dealer... easy to walk in places Nationwide and chat w/o obligation anytime before the factory warranty expires.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Seems a bit steep, definitely shop around at other Ram dealers. If that price is correct, guess the hassles I went through on my replacement van was worth it as FCA gave me the 7yr/100k no charge when it all happened.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
A little more info on OBVI. They just got started last May (2018), but policies are underwritten by an established insurance company. Basically extends full (3yr) factory warranty to 7yrs/175Kkm with $100 deductible. Good in Canada and USA at any repair shop. No towing. Policy prohibits self maintenance, but agent says oil changes OK (potential conflict). Must have at least 3mo left on factory warranty. We've got 15mo left to think about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts