Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only real issue I have with my new 2022 is that it does not have the sliding door window that my previous van had. It feels incredibly unsafe.

So I'm hoping someone may be able to point me towards an upfitter in the Nashville area that can install one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
720 Posts
Would you consider installing it yourself? I installed a bonded window (glue on) myself and found it a piece of cake after educating myself here. I used a regular jigsaw with a metal blade for the cut out. I asked a friend to help me determining if the window was straight and plum at the end, but could have probably have done without help.
My understanding is that clamp on windows are not difficult to install either.

Reactions: HippieGypsy

·
Registered
2021 3500 extended in Michigan
265 Posts
Aside from the stress of cutting a huge hole in your van, installing windows is fairly simple. You'll need a sabre saw to cut the hole and a few hand tools. If it's a glue-on window the hole size isn't so critical. A clamp-on window needs a bit more attention to the cut but both are very DIY-able.

That said, I fully understand the reluctance to take a saw to a perfectly good van!:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Click the link to my build below. The side window install starts at post #5 and the side door window install starts at post #18.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could probably DIY, but this thing is brand new and cost more than my first house. I can't bring myself to saw a hole in it.

I have a good lead in Nashville now, waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The only real issue I have with my new 2022 is that it does not have the sliding door window that my previous van had. It feels incredibly unsafe.

So I'm hoping someone may be able to point me towards an upfitter in the Nashville area that can install one.

Thanks in advance!
Try bodhi vans, or woodland Van co, they are nashville area, not sure if they only do whole builds only now. found them online so can’t speak to quality etc

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
699 Posts
I could probably DIY, but this thing is brand new and cost more than my first house. I can't bring myself to saw a hole in it.

I have a good lead in Nashville now, waiting to hear back.
Rod Stewart Quote :
First cut is the deepest 😢

Reactions: carolinavangirl

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
880 Posts
Bohdi vans did my install of windows in rear cargo doors and maxx air fans. We were under a time crunch, and they got us in super quick. Very satisfied with the work they did.
Nashville and Chattanooga area is the mecca of million dollar plus custom coach converters. Might want to call a few and inquire about freelancers who will do your work on your van.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts