Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that I have new almost ready work fleet PM...
I was going to put some rainx on it...yup get out the step ladder out..lol

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
I’m not a fan as it’s a hydrophobic silicone polymer and I have found that even years later that silicone is left and very hard to remove to paint and stickers won't stick and adhesive won’t adhere. I avoid it sorry.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you have a car whos windshield wipers don't work so well ( read old Volkswagen) it's great stuff especially when road racing and at speed the wiper actually lifts off the windshield. If you use it on a street car and end up needing to use the wipers once it wears a little bit, the resulting smear is worse than if you never used it in the first place. Once you use it, you gotta keep using it or clean it off the window with various wax and grease removers.

There is a foot step in the bumper. I hate the thought of foot slipping out of it and my face sliding all the way down the front of the van though. Lol

Reactions: bobby

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is a foot step in the bumper. I hate the thought of foot slipping out of it and my face sliding all the way down the front of the van though. Lol
I got the mental picture of that while reading it... LOL

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am not keen on applying rainx directly to the windshield. However I absolutely love using rainx windshield washer fluid in both my PM and everyday car. It appears to put a tiny amount of the "active ingredient" on every time the washer is activated.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Love the Rain X windshield wipers!

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,442 Posts
My first Mississippi monsoon rain storm had me on the shoulder of the road stopped and the next monsoon rain storm with rainx made me a believer. I got tired of the wax on wax off routine now I just use the windshield fluid.

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
I used it once many years ago and was not impressed. Threw it away and would never ever use it again ;(

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
420 Posts
I recommend Aquapel - it is similar to RainX, but lasts a great deal longer.

As to the comments about it being hard to get off paint - don't put it on paint, put it on glass. In other words, be careful during application.

RainX lasts about a month if you are lucky; Aquapel lasts for many months.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i get my van washed at blue beacon truck wash. they apply rainx to the whole van. mine stays shiny.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Another vote here for the RainX washer fluid. Easy to use, and refreshes the coating every time you spritz the windshield. Out here in the eastern WA desert I seldom need to use the wipers through the year, but do use them frequently to clear the dust. Then when it comes time to need it, the RainX works just fine, mostly at highway speeds of course.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've used the washer fluid for years on all my vehicles. I love it. Most of the cars and trucks I've owned, I didn't need to use the wipers in heavy rain at highways speed. The water just rolled off. It's great.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use it occasionally and always the washer fluid, big fan of there wipers too. Living in the very rainy NW and driving a lot it works well, bonus is at night greatly reduces glare from street lights and oncoming vehicles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts