Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been home in awhile, has there been notification on a solution yet? It's getting pretty annoying ending up in neutral at stop lights. No issues if I don't have to stop ever. I don't remember the recall number.

Edit: guess I could check vin info for updates. Sorry to bother folk

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 2300 Ext Cab
2 Posts
Shifter Cable Recall Update.

I just received notice from FCA by mail that a remedy for this condition is now currently available. F.Y.I

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got my cable fixed yesterday while in for other servicing. They first told me they could only order 1 every 2 weeks, and I was 10th. on the list. But when I showed up they "found" the parts and did the fix.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ramcares contact here has said more parts are now available, so recalls should progress faster.

Any chance you got a look at the replaced cable?

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 2300 Ext Cab
2 Posts
I called my local Business Link representative at the dealership to file my recall claim. I was told that I would receive a call from the dealership to schedule an appointment once the replacement part ships in from FCA. Still waiting on the call...

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
398 Posts
I called my local Business Link representative at the dealership to file my recall claim. I was told that I would receive a call from the dealership to schedule an appointment once the replacement part ships in from FCA. Still waiting on the call...
I'm in the same boat as you are. After 4 calls leaving messages at the local dealer I received a message that they have ordered the part and will call me to schedule when parts come in.
I don't know if this might be a few more days or even weeks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't get a boat. They didn't offer to call me back. Had a wait list and weren't adding more to it. I was supposed to call them back in a couple-few weeks but, since hearing FCA is releasing more parts now, I'm going to call Monday and see where they're sitting. I'd recommend trying the same and seeing if they got more over the weekend or are expecting a shipment during the week. From what I understand, the hold up was on parts not necessarily anything else timing related

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, I didn't see the old or the new cable. You don't suppose they scammed me do you? Or FCA since they didn't charge me.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah. I'm sure they swapped it, whether damaged or not. I'm just really curious to see what a damaged one might look like. I actually experience occasional issues where it won't shift to or drops immediately back out of drive (never has an issue going to reverse, just doesn't necessarily engage if shifting past neutral. Cluster will show N and shifter feels slack. Hasn't failed completely, but sometimes need to move the shifter multiple times before forward gears will engage), but I tried to peek at mine and don't see anything noticably mangled while its installed.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts