Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136" 2500 HR Gasser - Build Mode Activated
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's common to use mirrors in small rooms to make them feel more spacious, I haven't seen any builds intentionally doing this. I was thinking of using mirrors in the face of upper cabinets... Thoughts?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,838 Posts
Contemplate all the potential for flying glass shards….

Contemplate having to look at your own mug when personal appearance takes a back seat to having a good time.

Contemplate that they would mainly reflect each other.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,020 Posts
I have one on the inside on my closet door. Don’t really want to have glass flying around inside in an accident.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Some would say It doesn't matter because everything in the van is a potential hazard in a crash. But, my thoughts are that it would add quite a bit of unnecessary extra hazard in a crash.
I repurposed some RV cabinet doors to use for my overhead cabinets (when I build them) and found one door with a mirror. I'm using it behind the shower, so hopefully it will be blocked from decapitating someone in a crash.
I propped it up so you can see. Although, I'm not doing it for light or illusion of space. It's just to have a mirror. My wife brought a makeup mirror thingy last time. I figured if it was part of a a door, it would be one less thing to pack.
KIMG1115.JPG

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a small glass mirror over my medicine cabinet (It's my second one as the first ended up in a million pieces all over the van when the cabinet latch failed and the door swung open in a turn).:confused: I don't think I'd want large glass mirrors on the upper cabinets. It's too easy to forget to fully close the cabinets, or have a failure of the latch like I did and you'll have one heck of a mess.

Attachments

·
Registered
136" 2500 HR Gasser - Build Mode Activated
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm yes all great points, definitely foresee forgetting to latch them closed and having them fly open. Will likely abandon this idea 😂

·
Registered
176 Posts
It is pretty easy to install safety film on glass mirrors. Keeps the whole thing intact, although it still may break.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts