Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m new here, yet an owner but I’ve done a lot of reading and research on here, this is such a great resource! Thank you for all of your contributions!
I’m looking at buying a 2016 2500 136” wb high top with 64k on it. Curious about other owner’s experience with maintenance and service. Any common issues or major service schedule items I should beware of or anticipate? Were the 2014 issues worked out by 2016? New issues? I don’t want to spend all this money and find out it’s a money pit. Coming off an ‘07 Honda Element that has been reliable and cheap to maintain. My outdoor/camping rig for 9 years strong. Bought at 80k. Upgrading the rig to something more “campable” (I’m 6’4”) that I’ll build out. Looking for something similar reliability-wise. Any insight or feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys!!

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
424 Posts
I have a 2016 low roof diesel. I have had no issues on the drive line (trans, engine, exhaust) other than the recall on the fans. My conversion weighs in at 7000 pounds, and I get 23 MPG over-all. I have no problems going up altitude (including up Pikes Peak). There are many nay-sayers on the board for diesel, but I think that's more that people who have problems bitch, and people who have no problems have no reason to speak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 2016 low roof diesel. I have had no issues on the drive line (trans, engine, exhaust) other than the recall on the fans. My conversion weighs in at 7000 pounds, and I get 23 MPG over-all. I have no problems going up altitude (including up Pikes Peak). There are many nay-sayers on the board for diesel, but I think that's more that people who have problems bitch, and people who have no problems have no reason to speak.
Thanks for your response! That is very helpful. I forgot to mention this is a v6 gas engine but it’s great to hear the diesel is treating you well as there sure are lots of diesel nay sayers out there!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have a low-roof, 2016 gas and have two issued that the dealer adressed early on. There was a trasnmission electronics issues that required a new interface board and a leaky radiator. The transmission issue came up the day after we bought it. The radiator was replaced at around 11k miles. 85k now and it been just regular maintenance and recalls since the radiator. Without the kayaks on the roof I get about 21 mpg on the highway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts