Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to add some to my '14-136" low gasser. Not much as its just below the min mark.
Its red antifreeze. . Where do you guys get yours and what brand/ type, etc?
Im sure that my van falls. into the group that needs the TSB dealt with. My dealer says that it does, but wants to 'inspect' first.
, I can't get in there right away. So I want to add some until I do get there. I have a 11000 miles on this and it just barely went under than minimum mark. I rarely smell antifreeze when I get out, so I doubt if the dealer will find any leak at all and order me a new radiator. So what kind of antifreeze do I put in here? Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
The Antifreeze is an Organic solution and not either the normal red or green types. Don't mix these types! OAT is the acronym for it. Drop in to your dealer's service and they should top it up NO Charge. Get the radiator replaced and you will be good for a very long time. Look at your manual for more information and the Specification.

·
Super Moderator
10,529 Posts
My dealer has topped mine off every time I brought it in (for free).

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,480 Posts
OAT coolant Chrysler MS-12106

Just a reminder for those that don't know. Chrysler switched to organic acid technology (OAT) formula for the 2013 model year. OAT is only compatible with OAT. Mixing or topping off with any thing other than 50/50 mix of oat is bad. If you don't know I suggest you read this article.
http://articles.sae.org/11284/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts