Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,962 Posts
KMM,

You're in New England like me... Wondering how your sat radio works in the Promaster.

I have a year of SXM with my new Challenger, and it, like other cars I've had, seems to cut out a lot. And that annoys me to the point of not using it. Seems like a few trees in areas up north cause dropouts.

Especially irritating when listening to talk radio, or really getting into some tunes!

ed

·
Registered
376 Posts
KMM,

You're in New England like me... Wondering how your sat radio works in the Promaster.

I have a year of SXM with my new Challenger, and it, like other cars I've had, seems to cut out a lot. And that annoys me to the point of not using it. Seems like a few trees in areas up north cause dropouts.

Especially irritating when listening to talk radio, or really getting into some tunes!

ed
On tree lined, hilly backroads of New England satellite is terrible. Listening to a comedy channel can be frustrating as is will always drop out just before the punch line.

On the interstate or in flat ares like Florida where we are now its great.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,962 Posts
KMM,

I wish I had that much clearance on my carport! Nice!

MM,

The pictures were part of the links in that post... not a big deal. The KMM picture is of a low roof.. in the HiRoof, the antenna is in a different spot (as I'm sure you are aware!)

·
Registered
2019 PM 1500 136" Low White Tow Nav Park
75 Posts
I've done this temp cheap fix on my vehicles with similar antennas but it ends up being permanent. This is baling wire (yeah not galvanized), but i suppose you could use black 10/12awg solid... Make sure it's screwed tight before starting.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car

21 - 29 of 29 Posts