Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My off week has begun so had to get cracking.
A bit of drilling, countersinking, bolting.
Next both sheets of 3/4 double sided oak veneer
get painted and then carpeted.
Serious aluminum angle iron on the walls thanks to Blue Ridge Adventure Vehicles,
spanning the gulf 80/20 aluminum t-slot extrusion 1 inch x 1 inch, 5 for the bed
and 4 for the shelf. In the near future (waiting in a box) two more 1x1 inch t-slots will
run 90 degrees to the square tubes that support the bed and connected to them, under the bed each hold glides for a slide out table, but this slide out table
could go under either bed or shelf and I haven't decided which.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sleep ??? I've heard of that.
Honestly I just woke up from a power nap of 2 hours.
Before that I'd been up since 3pm yesterday.
It's getting harder doing the marathon wakes as I age though.

House appearance--because of all the wires? Well KOV that's only because
I used the shotgun approach getting the sparky plenty to work with.
Example, I didn't know that with the AC side you can go from one outlet to
another and to another on the same circuit. I ran wire in case he wanted(s) to make
individual circuits if that makes any sense? Same with the DC side. Really only
thing I wanted dedicated was the refrigerator.

Yes MsNomer it took a lot of guess work well before hand to get that window not only
bed height but with mattress, working from the metal floor up and adding up all the
thickness of the layers from the SlideMaster, the frig, the shelf, the bedframe, etc.

Still not bad for the amount of time that has passed, minus the 5 weeks waiting on the
Motion Windows, but as mentioned prior NO craftsmanship and no artistry...slapdashery ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
HI There I'm very new to this forum and still working on planning. Starting with the bed I love what you have done. trying to keep mine simple but I'm 6'4 so I want a full 80" queen which will likely mean I will have a flare space or two installed. I was looking for more details about your bed set up. I just ordered an 80/20 catalog and am also considering a MOAB from adventure wagons. Thanks in advance wishing you a wonderful day

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've been looking at using 1" 8020 for my bed- How much flexing do you see using this and with how much weight? Also where did you get the slides under the bed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
That angle metal looks heavy duty?
What’s the dimensions and source?
I had to make due with the offerings from Home Depot to install my bed platform using Werner Scaffolding (see post)

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I've been looking at using 1" 8020 for my bed- How much flexing do you see using this and with how much weight? Also where did you get the slides under the bed?
I don’t believe 1” 80/20 can satisfactorily handle that. I look at IKEA SCORVA struts. They are $10

·
Registered
907 Posts
I used 45 series (45 mm) 8020 for my platform bed and it flexed too much with 2 adults in bed. I started with one support down to the floor but then added 2 skorva beams, now no support down to the floor. My bed spans the full 75ish inches and its wonderful to have the full open space under the bed for large bulky items.

8020 has a deflection calculator on their website:

You could use one of the rectangular profiles to stiffen the bed frame but you'll save space and money by using the skorva beams and they are simple to add to an existing 8020 frame with just a corner/L bracket on each end...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts