Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to travel with my dog to see family this year. So wife me take the van. She won't allow animals or eating in her "new" three year old Ford. ;-) I was fine with that and in a mood to drive. Cris-crossed Va. to visit relatives. Took back roads on the way home to avoid the crazy traffic jams on the I-95 corridor and on Rt 17 in Fredericksburg Va. 14 HT Gas PM performed like a champ! Quiet and comfortable. Feels like driving one of my old VW vans but with far better performance all around. Averaged 22 mpg for the trip. Dog was super happy too and she enjoyed the road trip as well. My in laws have 20 acres on a mountain top. She had a bunch of fun running the property. At night the stars were like fire works. Great trip to see our favorite people!

Owned it a year and a half now. Still loving it! Hope many of you had a happy holiday too!

ETA: Was surfing a weather front most of the way home. Often had 50 mph cross winds beating at us. Really made me appreciate the PM's suspension. Had I been in one of my old VW vans, we'd have been all over the road like a box kite. My old Ford van would been nudged around a lot and I'd be fighting to keep it out of the ditches due to the steep pitches of the old two lane roads. The PM with its FWD just tracks straight as an arrow and I barely noticed the worst gusts. Easy to like this thing!

Reactions: MJAB

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Thanks for the update, 22mpg WOW. I once or twice got unbelievable mileage on a trip with my diesel but we have to be careful reporting those as it gets the diesel doubters hot under the collar. Sort of like dividing the number of inches in 8 feet by 3. Sheesh! There is a thread this morning asking about a sway bar, you answered it. I do feel like its a modern iteration of my 79 VW Westy, in fact I get the same fuel mileage as I did with that, diesel is a bit more than gas was in the 80’s though.

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Um let's see 48" in 4' so a third of that is 16" times 2 equals ummm, oops my calculator battery just died.

Or is it 12" in a foot divided by 3 equals 4", times 8 equals, now I'm really confused RD!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tend to be the old guy doing the speed limit in the right lane. In a 70 zone, I'll do 65 just because I like that speed better. But it does get 21-22 mpg steady at 65 mph. My old Ford got 15 at that speed. Best I could get out of it was 19 mpg at a steady 50-55 mph. The Ford had awesome four wheel disk brakes. But the suspension was harsher than the PM's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On flat freeway at 65mph my computer shows 21-23mpg. (159" HT) too. I also had an Econoline 150 5.4L that would get 17-18 in same conditions.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Um let's see 48" in 4' so a third of that is 16" times 2 equals ummm, oops my calculator battery just died.
Or is it 12" in a foot divided by 3 equals 4", times 8 equals, now I'm really confused RD!
Worked perfectly, I knew you gasser owners would be stumped!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts