Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I tell people, the PM is far from being a Toyota. Twice now after starting the Uconnect/radio/display screen has been dead. No display, no audio, no response from any button presses including the power button. Clears after turning off the car and restarting it.

Now that it has happened twice, I think I see a pattern (or not). I was getting a rear door open warning. I have to wonder if there is a software bug that kills the console when rear camera on when the rear doors are open setting is enabled and the car is started with the rear door ajar. Something causes the failure. Really pisses me off to have the radio die in a new car until the restart at least gets it back.

First vehicle I've owed with all this programming control, all I can say is run, don't walk away from something like a self-driving car.

(First bug, coasting down a long enough grade causes the PM to fret that its brakes have failed, oh my! Clears after a restart as well. Hmmm, will a restart fix a low fuel warning?)

BTW anyone else note the scam that is the new car survey (after survey after survey). Rave and it takes 3 minutes. Legitimately point out shortcomings and it grinds you down for hours until you give up--survey says, another satisfied owner.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have the opposite issue. Mine likes to occasionally freeze up and not turn off! :( I purchased the van used, but if I had ordered one I would have skipped the Uconnect and went aftermarket. That's what I'll end up doing when/if this one goes, but the loss of some of integrated controls will be a bit annoying.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts