Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want this to be viewed as a detractor from the site but I started a Facebook group for Ram Promaster Owners. As most people these days spend some serious time on social media, I saw this as an idea to share who we are and even quick vehicle information.

This site obviously has way more information and much better for sharing tech info and lengthy stories. I think this will 100% always be the case as forums are better situated for this.

However, for anyone who would like to join visit the page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/140882716333661/

Thanks to the Promaster Forum for providing such an amazing platform for us!

·
Super Moderator
10,197 Posts
Personally I refuse to ever go to Facebook. If you want all your personal business broadcast to the world it's a fantastic place to go.

I prefer my privacy!

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I am on Buttbook but I made up a new name when I registered so no one finds me which is perfect! Other than not wanting all those inane posts and cutsie-gag-me pictures from people I bid good riddance to years ago I love it! Oops am I being swarmy again?

Thanks for your efforts Andrew I am sure there are many here who will benefit from it.

Reactions: KNDLKSTMS

·
Super Moderator
10,197 Posts
Swarmy is only in the eye of the beholder. If you never looking in a looking glass you can be anything you choose!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Count me out as well. Facebook is good for only one thing. It's a great tool to discover just how much you really don't like someone you thought was a friend.

On Facebook you are the product. Your search history, your habits, your locations, your likes and dislikes are all being monitored and that data is being sold to corporations. I prefer someone to ask for my opinion rather than take it from my online profile.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will be looking for the Facebook group tonight. Create a different FB account for your van, too easy. That's what I'll do. People create FB pages for their pets - crazy!

This page doesn't work well with my phone at all. I cannot pull up any threads, I can't search within threads, and I cannot see any pictures, so when I am trying show someone how I want to emulate something someone else did it never works. It just eats up my data. Anyway, I just need some other way to see pictures of everyone's builds.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I joined looks seems pretty awesome and like Pope said its way easier to share pics and stories via cell phone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
using Facebook to help troubleshoot

What's the name of the group?
I'm not sure if you found it, but the name of the FB group is "Ram Promaster Owners".

Another quick plug for FB...when you run into a snag/issue, you can take a quick video of what you are seeing and what you have done to troubleshoot. Post the video to the group and bam!!...you have dozens of people (only those in the group) right there seeing what you are seeing and hearing and trying to help troubleshoot with you. This alleviates the 20 questions it takes for people 100-10,000 miles away to see the problem.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth a million.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts