Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ford Transit is serious about grabbing our attention, from the base 3.7-liter V-6 to the top-end 3.5-liter EcoBoost and 3.2-liter in-line-five diesel engine options, plus Rear-drive is standard.

Considering Fiat’s current cash crisis is delaying models across the board, the ProMaster will likely lag at least a year behind the new Transit in dealer showrooms.

The truth is, the Transit will out-haul, out-mile, and out-last all those nasty and awful Econolines - all while providing a comfortable cabin and tech solutions the 1980s-era E-series couldn’t fathom in its wildest dreams. Any skeptics or Econoline drivers will be convinced within the first block of the test drive that the Transit is the future of American commercial vans.

Honestly the rear drive really intrigues me because it already brings similar characteristics and customization as the promaster the Ford just provides me better payload and towing cpabilities.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Buy the Ford then.

It's personal preference.

For me the low floor board is important to me. I load alot of heavy stuff and not having to lift as high makes a big difference for my bike. Jumping in and out of the back also won't be a big deal as I get in and out the back often.

Just like how there are sprinter fans there are transit fans.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Buy the Ford then.

It's personal preference.

For me the low floor board is important to me. I load alot of heavy stuff and not having to lift as high makes a big difference for my bike. Jumping in and out of the back also won't be a big deal as I get in and out the back often.

Just like how there are sprinter fans there are transit fans.
not sure yet, just providing insight into the options. really cant make a final decision until i get some face time with the promaster and transit. Im not sure what the floor height difference is between the two but its something il be bringing my tape measure out for ;)

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Floor height? Should be 4 inches lower than the Ford.
Ram/Transit---101.0/100.8 over all height.
Cargo height Ram/Transit---76/72. This is comparing to the medium height Transit.
4 inches might not seem much on paper, but I personally think that is huge while using
this van day in and day out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Floor height? Should be 4 inches lower than the Ford.
Ram/Transit---101.0/100.8 over all height.
Cargo height Ram/Transit---76/72. This is comparing to the medium height Transit.
4 inches might not seem much on paper, but I personally think that is huge while using
this van day in and day out.
Thats true, we throw tools in a back and trailer most of our bigger equipment. Payload is a big factor for us, thats the main reasor RWD appeals to me. The 4 inche lower promaster is irrelevant to me becasue how little up and down we do, but i can see how it could be huge to others...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
uncubed
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing