Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I don't have a promaster yet but I'm actively seeking the right 1500 136" high roof. I need the double passenger seat because we have a little one but it's proving to be hard to find around here in Edmonton, AB. I might have to bite the bullet and custom order one.

Planning to make a weekend camper out of it. I essentially want one step up from a tent. Just some beds away from the elements and that's about it. It will have an easily removable bunk bed so I can still use it for truck duties when needed. No bathroom,No kitchen. I quite enjoy using a small camping stove outdoors anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome LUC
I really enjoy this forum. You can learn a lot here. Keep an eye on the classified section and eBay. You may find a seat there. Also the sprinter forum is another good source.

Dale

Reactions: Luc

·
Registered
428 Posts
Get a 159 for your use. The extra length is well worth the small extra cost. Remember the "little one" will become a bigger one in the time that you own the van.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a PMC and I've already camped in it before any mods and for the price it's amazing. Of course, I went minimalist - daily driver, minimalist camper, additional rooftop tent, etc.

I agree with PP - people here are immeasurably kind and knowledgeable. Welcome.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome Luc.

This is a great site for getting insight into these vans and for figuring out what you can do with them.

I am also looking to upgrade from tent camping and think the 1500, 136 will be a good choice though I am looking at the low roof version. We are still sorting out the details of what we want inside but are planning on a small cooking area in case we cannot cook outside as well as a small 12v fridge. We expect to have a full size platform for the two of us that goes across the back of the van with plenty of storage underneath.

I know I usally like to buy vehicles off the lot rather than order them but I am finding that for what I will likely want for options I will probably be ordering it. They say it takes no more than 4 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get a 159 for your use. The extra length is well worth the small extra cost. Remember the "little one" will become a bigger one in the time that you own the van.
For what I want to do with it the 136" is plenty. I can fit 2 double/full beds one on top of the other and still have the whole area in front of the slider left.

·
Registered
625 Posts
4 weeks? Really?!?

Unless things have changed dramatically, I would expect much longer. When I ordered mine the dealer told me 12 weeks, but I was expecting closer to 16 weeks per a couple of industry websites that track delivery and manufacture dates for the different companies (Ford, Chevy, FCA, etc.) Don't remember the name of the sites and my Google-fu is failing me right now...

Edit add: Found 'em. Still looking at 16+ weeks from order to delivery.

http://www.arifleet.com/resources/manufacturing-updates/lead-times-downtime-production-delays/
http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4 weeks? Really?!?

Unless things have changed dramatically, I would expect much longer. When I ordered mine the dealer told me 12 weeks, but I was expecting closer to 16 weeks per a couple of industry websites that track delivery and manufacture dates for the different companies (Ford, Chevy, FCA, etc.) Don't remember the name of the sites and my Google-fu is failing me right now...

Edit add: Found 'em. Still looking at 16+ weeks from order to delivery.

http://www.arifleet.com/resources/manufacturing-updates/lead-times-downtime-production-delays/
http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.html
I agree I think he must of meant 4 months. I've never heard of any custom orders being under 12 weeks.

·
Premium Member
8,813 Posts
My dealer said 6-8 weeks and my ordered van arrived 17 weeks later. Everyone who has posted here with an ordered vehicle has similar time frames. Don’t believe any dealer that says less or get them to pay you a penalty for each week it is late! If I had gotten $100 for every late week I would have gotten another $1100 off the price!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts