Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at pm versus transit to haul dirt bikes and set up for camping.I can't seem to find or maybe i just missed it but looking for interior height on the standard roof.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome, flat4!

The low-roof interior height is claimed to be 65 inches.

Keep in mind that the rear door opening height (assuming you load your bikes from the rear) is claimed to be 61.5 inches. This would be your limiting factor.

I hope you choose the ProMaster. The low floor height makes it the better bike hauler, in my opinion.

Go test drive both, though, and bring your tape-measure; then let us know what you think.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome, i am in the middle of a moto conversion right now. I researched all brands of vans for months, and the PM was the right choice for us. We went with a 159. I have zero complaints except the lack of armrests! Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.A 61.5 inch door opening is plenty along with 65 inches insed height for me.I am leaning towards the PM for the front wheel drive as I feel it will be better in the snowy weather.I am also thinking 118wb as it will be daily driven.When I drive the Ford I just better not drive the twin turbo model.Lol

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Welcome

I've got a low roof 136" and love it. The snow here in minnesota is no problem for the stock tires and front wheel drive. I like that it fits in my garage. I also looked at the 118" length but the 136" was so easy to drive. Good luck. Todd

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome Flat4 (better than 4flats). I test drove the transit with standard engine and with the twin turbo. The base engine was a complete dog, I couldn't believe it how underpowered it was. The twin turbo was quick but on par with the promaster 3.0. I have the 136 WB low roof and love driving it. It's quick and has all the power I could want. I'm in the Chicagoland area found it to be great in the snow with the stock tires. Handles better in the snow that any two wheel drive vehicle that I have ever driven and better than my wifes' CX-5 AWD by a long shot. Get the uconnect 5.0 with steering wheel controls, everything else is just gravy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys.Sounds like the promaster will be the best bet especially for bad weather.Loved my awd astros in the winter.I still would like to see them offer an awd option.

Is the 118wb available with the high top?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts