Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Test fitted both Slide-masters. Success in my original measurements. They needed to be for what they cost. Then took the plunge and started drilling but only after measuring and measuring and measuring.
Another small success in that the Samlex EVO fits perfectly where it is destined to go.
But with wins there are losses=we'll need to do some tweaking on the 80/20 cabinet but nothing to cry over.
Another big tweak decided. The batteries that were going into the 80/20 cabinet beside the Samlex inverter are now going behind the drivers seat. They can still go in the cabinet but the 1 foot space between the driver's seat and the beginning of the cabinet is 'dead' space and putting the batteries there makes life in the electrical cabinet much easier.
There are actually two 80/20 cabinets. The big tall jobber and an adjacent smaller cabinet. They but and tie together. This top of this second cabinet is a step for platform bed access. In side the smaller cabinet is the ac/dc distribution panel which of course faces the living area....and yet another success in that where the wires all come out of the wall is directly behind this little cabinet.
When the driver's side Slide-master travels/slides toward the 'den' the space was tight. It had to be dead on, and luckily the clearance is good. One will have to slide the Slide-master out the back though to open the ac/dc distribution panel.

So a pick of Poof walking the gang plank/testing the Slide-master and the test fit of the Samlex-

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,851 Posts
Looks as if you are having fun. Watch out for the sharks;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KOV I'm good, land locked=no sharks :)
Yep we are in the tunnel now.....no like at end of the tunnel but being in the tunnel is way better than wondering where the tunnel is :)
This week our PM goes back to the outfitter who put in the windows/aircon/fan for the big shelf and platform bed.
Should be quick and easy since all the supports are now behind the panelling..just screw in the angle iron.
That leaves electrical for this build.
I just ordered a battery box....hours and hours of googling to find one that fits our 2 x 6 volt batteries.
Poof has given consent to battery placement behind the driver's seat ala MsNomers design, well kinda since she put one battery behind each seat---so we'll end up with both batteries behind drivers and our frequently accessed Arctic cooler behind the passenger's seat=all will be good there :)
Currently working on 80/20 cabinet=close, very close, some tweaking needed BUT the inverter fits a charm.
Could still put batteries in the 80/20 cabinet AND batteries but NOT in battery boxes....so end result Poof (the driver) will end up with a foot rest when she swivels around.
So give me a week and we should be functional minus the fluff/trim/niceties of artistic expression when it comes to covering metal not covered with the pop-n-play panel kit.

There is a long list of small things that will happen when they happen:
mud flaps
shroud/decorative box over the official battery box
silicone to the bottom of the 'welcome' mat so it doesn't slide
etc.

BUT still in the tunnel eh, there is the electrical mass connection episode to play out....then the tests.

·
Super Moderator
10,851 Posts
Ha, ha, I meant watching Poof walking that plank;)

Congratulations on your speedy work to date! By this summer you'll be giving advice to newbie's and planning your future modifications!
You have come a long time very quickly:)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quickly yes indeed but no craftsmanship, no artistry like many here.
I'd love to help a noob, so many here have smoothed the road for us
and I owe payback.
Future mods? I'll leave that up to Poof; this whole thing has taken serious
mental capital, and lots of time from what I love to do and that is image.
There was a bit of pressure too, like yesterday when we were placing the Slide-masters
and then the cabinet bases. We only had an inch to spare, cutting it close! And the
angst that would have occurred if I'd measured wrong. Then the angst when we pulled
the invert-charger out of the box.....Poof even said 'and you thought that was going
in there???' But the fit was spot on. I didn't let her hear me go 'wheeeeeeewwwww' :)

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
The art part really shows at the end. In the process it always looks like chaos, and not the good kind that ends in Mandelbrot set images. Somehow in the end it looks like we planned it all and there is beauty there. Hold your breath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts