Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few more projects today.
On the Florida trip we experimented with 3 different placements of the TV. In the end the one we
liked best was under the bed-it is on an articulating arm that swings up while traveling; so placement
of the TV was one project completed.
Another was the faceplate for all the monitors on the cabinet, and putting in the replacement 100ma fuse for the Victon battery monitor-nice to see it power up and ask for my battery capacity which is nice.
The desk table's corners got radius'ed to protect the hips from a pointed edge which was another plus from the day.
The lower cabinet space containing the inverter-charger was 'sealed' off and considered done for now, and a few more pieces of the cabinet were installed....I'd call the cabinet 97 percent done now.
The water reserve, approx 9 gallons was installed after major surgery for height fitment. It can't go anyway in a crash but the super strong 150 pound test zip-tie was placed for ease of mind.
Happy to report that the 1byone antenna works a charm. We found 13 channels and in my location which is in a 'hole' that was good. Picture quality was great as was sound. Our TV, as Gary has report (we have the same model) is not great with sound but we us a JBL speaker with it that is super.

And thrown in a pic of a hawk. I've been working on Florida pics and the Promaster ever since I got back but did take the time to get this shot yesterday.

With the cabinet so close to being done all that is left is the trim work here and there. That's a huge job but something that can be strewn out over time. Since I have the Weboost and TV cables run there is nothing to hold back Poof from doing whatever she's going to do with the 'crown' area.

[/url]Red-tailed Hawk proc by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr[/img]

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only big thing missing is an Espar or Webasto.
This fall I'll be looking for a forum member who wants to make some money
doing the install for us. We've learned a lot, a whole lot, but this type of install
requires experience. We're willing to travel to whomever .
I'd rather pay a member than someone I don't know :)
Out of necessity ~space wise~ we'll be going the under passenger seat route.
Not necessary until November, in November I'll be set up at Conowingo shooting eagles
for 4 days and warmth would be really nice.
In Ms.Nomer's first hand demo I saw how fast the temperature can rise with an Espar, it
truly is wonderful AND we're gassers; being able to enjoy that warmth/frugality using the same
fuel is priceless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts