Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A fellow expediter I know went through a lot of frustration with finding a simply, elegant window shade solution. We put our heads together and came up with the following.

It's just corrugated cardboard boxes, edge wrapped with gorilla tape (duct tape would work too) and covered with those cheap foil sunshades you get at truck stops spray tacked to the cardboard. It ain't rocket science, people. The windshield shade is two pieces that overlap for no gaps.

The "trick" part is that the doors have a channel at the base that perfectly holds the shades in. The windshield also has this at the base, but I just use the sun visors to hold it in at the top.

The other "trick" part is that the window shades fold and store perfectly in the PS door pocket thingy, and the larger front window halves fit the slot shaped area right next to them. Nice.

You'll also notice that I've removed the front seat. This was literally a 3 minute affair involving only a 17mm socket. The only downside is that the airbag idiot light is permanently on, because the seats have 3 connectors: seat belt, airbag, and weight sensor for the airbag.

Kip-on-Truckin'

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I give up. You'll all have to stand on your heads to look at the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
8,990 Posts
I think the solution is to save the photos with a photo editor first. That will give them the correct view. This is an old iPhone/Pad bug that they should have fixed years ago. You can also correct it by holding the camera the opposite way you normally do (I believe) when you take the photo, i.e. button on the opposite side you usually hold it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts