Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

Just picked up my 2014 PM2500 yesterday. Going to build a band van/green room on wheels. I'm a musician and play all the time... I drive to gigs play, break, play, break, pack up and leave. I never have a place to hang out or change. I had a Toyota Sienna minivan that, once loaded with gear, didn't serve well as a "hang out" spot... no room. So my imagination started while driving back from a far away gig one night, I passed the PM on the road and thought "I wonder if I could stand in that thing...". Got back and test drove one. After that I decided the dream had to become a reality. If I do this right it won't be much of a difference in payment and it gets the same mileage as my Sienna, so it's what my Dad calls a "no brainer". So I put my van up on CL and it sold within days. Now it was time to find my PM! After much nationwide searching, and a little luck, 5 days later I found on a van 4 hours away from me in Miami, a PM2500 high top. It was a food service delivery vehicle that only had 40k miles. Clean as a whistle and already had sturdy plywood subfloor in place to build from. As always with things that are "supposed to happen"... everything fell into place beautifully and I drove my PM home last night.

Already did my first mod by removing the vinyl decals and then buffed the paint late last night. That thing shines like new now! I'll be vising Motion Windows today to pick out my passenger side slider window. And will also be buying a Maxfan. Then I'll start putting up walls and a ceiling and carpeting or covering those with something cool. Then my plan is to put a separation wall at the front of the rear wheel well to section off the rear for storing band gear for large gigs when I need my full setup. But when I don't need that I want to make the wall fold down back towards the rear doors to make a bunk bed and rest on braces bolted to the van frame. I think it's doable. It has the 2 person bench passenger seat in the front, I want to swap that for a single passenger seat and then make both driver and passenger seats swivel. I want to add a TV/DVD player, mini fridge, stereo, maybe a sink, and a sofa bench/bed with seatbelts for passengers. I want to run this off a 100watt flexible solar panel on the roof to power my battery bank. Still not settled on my battery bank, inverter, etc. Any suggestions on what I'll need to run all that are definitely welcome! I'm a musician, not an electrical engineer.

Well, I think that's all for now. Any suggestions on the best and cheapest way to make this happen please hit me with it!

Excited to be here!!

All the best,
Shaun

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Welcome to the group. Looking forward to watching your build.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,546 Posts
Many years back, I played in a number of bands. I had a Dodge Tradesman van back then, and it was good for lugging my guitar, amps. PA, lights. etc. I can't imagine how nice it would have been to have a stand-up height van to move equipment and travel in. Hope yours works out well for you!

Welcome,
ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts