Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This September 14-18th, There is the world's largest RV show in Hershey, PA.

I thought I would tell my Promaster Forum friends about it, because we have attended for a few years and it's a great place to see just about every RV on the market. I take a camera and snap pics of ideas that I might want to use on my DIY Promaster campervan. There is an area where vendors sell accessories, but it's not gigantic. On the other hand, they have over 1200 RVs in the parking lot to check out... everything from trailers to Class B's and C's on Sprinters and Promasters to $500,000+ luxury homes on wheels. Wednesday the 14th is "senior day".. tickets are just $5 for the day. I guarantee you will be tired from walking at the end of the day!

Yes, we're going this year too... If you're thinking about it, feel free to post questions or visit the website:

http://www.prvca.org/PRVCAHome/AmericasLargestRVShowPublicInfo/tabid/59/Default.aspx

Ed

ps. I'm not connected to the event in any way... but we really enjoy attending. Every year in January, HGTV does an hour show taped at the event!

ps2. Not a bad ride from CT, just a bit longer from NH and beyond.... too far from OK tho!

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Ed,
Since it is an RV show can RVs camp in the parking lot? I remember going to the Antique car show years ago and the parking was a bummer.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RD,

For the last two years that we have gone, parking was not an issue... plenty of space to park.

There are a few campgrounds in the area

1) a big state park about 40 miles away... $25.50 a nite with electricity.. great reviews
2) Hershey-affiliated campground $69 a nite! shuttle to show
3) they say there is overnight no-hookup camping at a parking lot adjacent to the show for $30 a nite...shuttle to the show

I'm looking into the state campground...lots of spaces available...http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/giffordpinchot/index.htm

Plan to get in on Tuesday, show on Wednesday, other stuff on Thursday with nite at a hotel perhaps...

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI,

"a big state park about 40 miles away... $25.50 a nite with electricity.. great reviews"

$19 with no electricity at the same park

toilets get a "pretty old" review, but the park looks nice. full sun (for you solar types) or shaded sites!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Plans are made... staying 2 nites at the Hersheypark Campground. More $$$ but close to event, shuttles to and back make it easy. Sounds like a nice CG!

I'll be looking for other Promaster Forum attendees... (we need a distinctive hat to make it easy to identify us!)

How about a bright red cap that says, "Make Promasters Great - Build a Campervan!"... Nah, might get confused with other red caps that are sure to be there... >:D

ed

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,688 Posts
I would absolutely LOVE to be there. I'd have to hogtie MrNomer and stuff him in the fridge. (At least he'd be cool then.) My consolation is that about then he will be at a conference in Denver so I can visit some RV showrooms there. I'll park the PM down the street, saunter in and say I'm considering buying one. When they ask my price range, I'll swallow my tongue and suggest up to $200K. Last time, I said $125K and that didn't even get me a look at anything new (Travatos weren't out yet--everything was still Sprinter.)

On our recent trip west, we saw two other DIY PM's, but I didn't get to meet their owners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts