Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my van started shifting strangely. It doesn't happen all the time, but when I upshift in manual mode, there seems to be a delay in the transmission completing it's shift between 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4. It goes into gear, but about two seconds later, it lurches very slightly. It does not do this when downshifting. It also does it when I set the stick to 'D' and allow the AMT to shift on it's own. I really don't think the clutch is bad since I don't hear any grinding and it only happens during the upshift. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
I have not. I’t is not normal. You have no EVIC lights and P2872 codes? Be sure you are not touching the brake with your left foot. I’d reset the computers by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a half hour and pressing the brake a couple times. If that doesn’t fix it better hope you are under warrantee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what's odd. The Promaster throws codes for every little thing, but not this. It only seems to do it after the transmission gets up to operating temperature.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Hi everyone. Has this shifting delay problem been diagnosed. One of our 2015 Promasters has started acting the same way. Wondering is anyone has any clue what is causing this.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Could it be the fluid level on the clutch cylinder? Or a worn-out clutch? What you are describing sounds like the clutch is slipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts