Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Winnie Trend with 2014 Promaster chassis.
Last week I received a engine code showing ambient air sensor bad. Also external temp on the dash is 165 deg.
Ok. Doesn't sound major. Where is the ambient air sensor mounted on the Promaster. I see some are mounted on the mirror, but not mirrors I have.

Jon L

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,489 Posts
And the code # is. Diesel or Gas.
I have a Winnie Trend with 2014 Promaster chassis.
Last week I received a engine code showing ambient air sensor bad. Also external temp on the dash is 165 deg.
Ok. Doesn't sound major. Where is the ambient air sensor mounted on the Promaster. I see some are mounted on the mirror, but not mirrors I have.

Jon L

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,489 Posts
Take a look at the drivers side bottom there is a tit that hangs down that is not on the pass side at least on my 2014 diesel.
Right side (passenger) mirror lists temp sensor. I am confused but mirror is it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just finished opening up the mirror and cutting out the sensor. I added another sensor off a scrap mirror. Idiots should sell just the sensor and connector it. I had to splice it rather than taking the whole mirror off the RV. The sensor sits in a puddle of water if the vehicle aims downhill at all.
You need to pop the mirrors out. (without breaking them) 5 torques screws. 2 screws along the door. Unsnap back side plastic snaps. Cut and splice RTV sensor.
I drilled a little hole to let water out and snapped and screwed everything back together.
Temp 60 degrees cooler now.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts