Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked and looked for an answer but haven't found one.......Is there any way to switch the right side rocker switch to cycle through presets instead of scanning stations? It is one of the most infuriating things about this van to me and why in the world would they make it scan and not be able to switch through your preset stations........why even have presets then? It makes no **** sense:mad:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Push the button that looks like someone talking and say, "AM 640"

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
It's a simple software change.... that will never be done!

Imagine listening to an audiobook while driving down the road, your are distracted and miss a section, you go to rewind a bit - There's no FF or REWIND !
And, there's voice command to do it.

Infuriating? You betcha!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's just re-****-diculous. If I were to do it over again I think I'd opt for the radio delete and put aftermarket stuff in. So the official answer is that there is no fix to it?

·
Super Moderator
10,500 Posts
I've been saying this for three years - get the radio delete option and then put a good headend unit in that fits your wants and needs. The uConnect5 is a POS!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Android-based head units have an interface to accept factory steering-wheel controls without using an adapter. You can then choose what functions you want to control. This also puts the equivalent of a smartphone or tablet in your dash. Use your data plan and wifi hotspot for Google Maps, etc. Use the Metra installation kit and wiring adapters to simplify the installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts