Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The free demo pin pointed my esc problem. I'm hooked just looking at the menu.I just bought adapter cables and full version.
This thread on a Ram fourm has a lot of info and watch the utube.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love this app! The developer added TPMS thresholds for the Promaster after I requested it plus I changed the settings below:
Fog lights stay on with high beams (great for fire roads at night)
Deactivated bulb out warning for reverse lights (allows me to use bright LEDs)
Turned off DRLs after I installed Fiat Ducato headlights W/O DRLs
Extended timeout to 40 minutes for the radio after the key's turned-off
Added horn honk when arming/disarming but then turned it off again after I realized it's not cool when I come home late.

·
Registered
87 Posts
@KilWerBzz
Could tell us which OBD adapter do you use with the app?
Is it OBDLink MX or MX+? Where did you buy it?

I was planning to aquire the adapter and the app for some time now but reviews of the adapter mention frequent malfunctioning.
What do you think after actually using it?

P. S.
Also I wonder if the following parameters are available for PM:
1. MAF sensor (to calculate volumetric efficiency)
2. How accurate are MPG or/and fuel consumption
3. Can the app access transmission data (temperature and current gear in particular)

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@KilWerBzz

I was planning to aquire the adapter and the app for some time now but reviews of the adapter mention frequent malfunctioning.

P. S.
3. Can the app access transmission data (temperature and current gear in particular)

Thanks.
Any cheap elm235 should work in demo. I have an old obdlink mx wifi bought on kick starter.
1. Didn't look.
2. Don't know I use the truck readout short trem (i've never run out of fuel and drive to empty) and pencil and paper long term.
3. Transmission data is listed but I didn't need to access it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
@KilWerBzz

P. S.

Thanks.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/AlfaOBD-com-AlfaOBD/dp/B00S715LCQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=alfa+obd+app&qid=1565189524&s=gateway&sr=8-1[/ame]

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional-Grade-Diagnostic-Performance/dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=alfa+obd+app&qid=1565189524&s=gateway&sr=8-4[/ame]

*Use the yellow cable (Our vans don't use the other colors)
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Cablematic-Connector-Adapter-Alfa-Romeo-FiatECUScan/dp/B00FDX4ZQ4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?keywords=yellow+obd+harness&qid=1565189554&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmr0[/ame]

·
Registered
151 Posts
This thing looks great. Guess I need to find an android or windows system as I haven’t owned any in over a decade ??‍♂

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone know if you need a security bypass wire for 2018? If so which one? i seen some doesn't require you to remove the radio to install the bypass. thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does anyone know if you need a security bypass wire for 2018? If so which one? i seen some doesn't require you to remove the radio to install the bypass. thanks
You don't. I looked into it for my 2019 because FCA made changes on their other models but it's not needed for Promasters yet.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
@bahawton
Can Alfa read the engine oil and transmission temps?
I'm sorry but I only used it to change some settings so I don't know for sure. However, you should be able to see this info with a BT OBDII dongle using an app like Torque (there a number of good apps that read PID codes to provide this info).

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Got my yellow adapter in today. Started poking around the Body Control Module with the demo version, not sure if the demo allows you to modify anything. Lot's of stuff, not brave enough to change anything now still browsing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Phil, My OBDLink MX is on it's way and I've downloaded the AlfaOBD app onto my phone, but your post makes me wonder if I will also need the "yellow adapter" you mention. I didn't see anything about it on AlfaOBD's site or in any of the other posts. I've got a 2018 Promaster. Can you enlighten me? Thanks a bunch! Tim

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
@TachikazeTim
I wasn't able to look at much without the yellow adapter, once I installed it I had more access.

Haven't played with it for awhile, I need to more everything over to an unused phone and document my steps so I don't screw anything up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is great info here. Wondering if anyone with the adapter can confirm what pins it is changing or crossing over. Seems the popular “yellow” adapter is out of stock. Any ideas in alternatives ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did find this option
Scan Adapter OBD2 Connector Diagnostic Cable For Fiat ECU MultiECUScan FiatECU Fiat Alfa Romeo Lancia - Newegg.com

if this is correct the yellow adapter pin swap is
obd 6 -1 car
obd 14 - 9 car
obd 7 - 12 car

text in the ad
Green ABS / Power Sreeing adapter lead ( "Adapter 1" on MultiECUScan website)-Designed to allow access to the ABS and Power Steering systems on supported vehicles. This adapter has a green connector on one end for easy identification.Using this adapter, Pin 7 on the diagnostic tool is connected to Pins 1,7,9 & 12 on the car.

Red Airbag adapter lead ( "Adapter 2" on MultiECUScan website)-Designed to allow access to the Airbag system on supported vehicles.This adapter has a red connector on one end for easy identification.Using this adapter, Pin 7 on the diagnostic tool is connected to pin 3 only pn the car.

Yellow CAN adapter lead ( "Adapter 3" on MultiECUScan website)-Designed to allow access to the low-speed CAN system on supported vehicles.This adapter has a yellow connector on one end for easy identification.Using this adapter, Pin 6 & 14 on the diagnostic tool are connected to pins 1 & 9Respectively on the car, Pin 7 on the diagnostic tool is connected to pin 12 on the car.

Purple Electric hood adapter lead ( "Adapter 4" on MultiECUScan website)-Designed to allow access to the electric hood system on supported vehicles.This adapter has a purple connector on the end for easy identification.Using this adapter, Pin 7 on the diagnostic tool is connected to pins 7,8,11 & 13 one the car.

none of that looks to be and actual SGM bypass as discussed needed for 2018+ FCA vehicles.
Everything You Need to Know About the Chrysler Security Gateway | American Key Supply

To those who have used this, does the yellow adapter allow you to update values in a 2018+ or only in 2017 and under ?

I see the truck and jeep owners are tapping into CAN high & low deeper under the dash before the SGM module but maybe both are available on promaster obd-2 ports ?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Got my 3 cable set from Aliexpress in mid March, IIRC $10, not sure about shipping times now.

I give you this, but you're on your own :), out of my league messing with the OBD.
Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars
right side is this,

diagrams included

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts