Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when taking my kids to the bus my daughter tried to open the passanger door while the vehicle was in "lock" mode from the last night when I locked my van with the remote.

She must have triggered a shock sensor because the horn started going on and off, the headlights flashed and the hazards flashed. I unlocked the van with the remote but the head lights, hazards and horn kept going. I was able tp start the vehicle and drive as we were late. Soon the horn and lights stopped but I soon realized that my turn signals refused to work.

I dropped them off and went to the gym. Turned the van off and removed the key amd locked up but the headlights and turn signals stayed on and solid. I opened up the battery box and disconnected the battery and reconnected it. Lights and turn signals went off and all seemed fine but after the gym when I drove home my turn signal on the dash flashed very fast so I got out to see if they were working. Front and rear worked fine but the mirror signals don't work.

I called the dealer and they told me the original dealer that sold it to me had put on an after market alarm and they would charge me to remove it. I called the selling dealer who is an hour away and they told me they did not install any after marker alarm but to bring it in.

I'm not driving an hour to get the run-around by the dealer.

Anyone ever have this happen.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Test it out to see if its got an aftermarket alarm.
Roll your window down and park your van.
get out. Lock the van with your stock ram key fob.
youll hear the doors lock.
now reach in the open window and open a door.
youll set off the alarm if its got one on it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine has the factory alarm too. If you set the by locking the doors and if any of the doors are not fully shut it will set the alarm and flash the lights several times to alert you that the doors are not locked. When locked properly it will flash the lights once. Your daughter simply opened the door before you unlock/disarmed the system. As to why it caused the other issues I don't know. I would reset everything by disconnecting the battery for ten minutes or so and try again. The 1st dealer you called is an idiot! A quick look at your vin on Chryslers database would tell him you have a factory installed alarm. I HATE lazy people.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the battery disconnected for hours today while a someone was welding and re-routing my exhaust out the side. Connected the battery later and same thing.

I think I'm forced to take my precious van to the 'stealer'. I'll have them take care of the screeching brakes.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had the battery disconnected for hours today while a someone was welding and re-routing my exhaust out the side. Connected the battery later and same thing.

I think I'm forced to take my precious van to the 'stealer'. I'll have them take care of the screeching brakes.
Good luck getting those squealing brakes fixed, seems it's a feature not a defect. They are coming out with a softer pad but I don't know if it's a free fix...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Go to www.ramtrucks.com and click owners. Log in with your vin. It will tell whether its a factory alarm.

I do hate that the only warning we get when locking doors, for one door slightly ajar, is a slightly less loud beep from the horn. There should be NO BEEP if one door isn't latched tight. You listening RAM?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ummmm who is "she" ha ha I'm a HE!!

So they've figured out that it's not an aftermarket alarm so I guess I'll take it to the dealer close to me. Just such a hassle dropping off, getting a ride, picking up.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Good to know that its a factory alarm. Does your fob look like 5he others?
i have an aftermarket remote start and sometimes gremlins pop up on the dash. But they always go away after a key cycle.
thats why i got concerned about aftermarket.
Hopefull you'll get it sorted out.
good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts