Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my upcoming Baja trip I'd like to try some driving on its beaches (and what appear to be numerous sandy backroads) and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the ProMaster on sand. Any thoughts on what tire pressure I can safely air down to and any ProMaster specific driving techniques for the sand would be appreciated.

I do have a good air compressor and the necessary recovery equipment.

·
Super Moderator
10,542 Posts
I drove mine on Daytona Beach without doing anything but it's a pretty hard sand beach!

·
Premium Member
8,832 Posts
I’d be willing to go clear down to about 25 psi or less. We have aired down our 4 Runner to 15 psi on the playa and the Pinta Sands along Devils Highway if it is soft. If you don’t get them super soft it does little good. Go steady as any spin gets you in deep. If you must stop try backing up to get to a firmer spot. Any moisture in the sand firms it up so high on the beach may be the worse. A couple of old crappy blankets are the most compact self retrieval tools. There is seldom any way to winch or come-along yourself out unless there is a second vehicle to pull from. DON’T EVER SPIN!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts