Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I my Promaster with a benchseat a while back and was able to find somebody local to swap out for a standard passenger. The Service light was on for a while until I got those two additional parts in the other post on here to trick the van into thinking there was an unoccupied phantom middle seat.

The light was off for a couple of months and I had not problems. I tucked the two additional parts out of the way and ziptied them under the passenger seat. About 1 month ago the light came back on and has not gone away. I've double checked all my connections and everything seems solid. Any idea what is going on here?

I did install a Webasto under my seat and the problem started something after that, but non of the wires were nicked or anything. Do think an independent shop can diagnose this or do I have to go to a dealer? I'm curious to hear y'alls thoughts!

·
Premium Member
8,654 Posts
Do not go to a dealer with this problem as they are going to look at what you did and find an excuse to charge you a bunch to tear it out and leave you with no alternative but to replace the seat!
Which parts exactly? These sort of problem are usually related to the connectors not the wires but if you have examined everything it is time to start testing to be sure all the wires are continuous- that is they have continuity. You might try disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour or for less time but applying the breaks to drain the residual electricity for the computers to get them to restart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts