Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be installing MaxxAir delux fan front half of roof area. I will not have any windows that are able to be opened except for driver and passenger windows. I don't want to open those windows for air intake as there is no screen and rain can get in. My thought was to install one or two screened air intake vents in the floor somewhere toward the rear that could be opened and closed. This would give an air path from lower rear to upper front with air that was coming from the shade underneath the van and rain couldn't get in. Shouldn't be any exhaust fumes problem as I don't plan on using the fan except when parked with engine off. My twin bunks will be forward in the van. Anyone do something similar. Am I missing some obvious reason this is not a good idea? My wife say's I am prone to this. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Window vents

I purchased these from Eurocampers, take seconds to install and work great for airflow when camped.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
With the Maxx Fan installed, you may get fresh air from your A/C & heater air intake from the engine compartment?

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased these from Eurocampers, take seconds to install and work great for airflow when camped.
Those look great and I bet they work good when camped. Very nice! My build is more for just a traveling van with pit stops and don't "expect to be" camping in it. ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
With the Maxx Fan installed, you may get fresh air from your A/C & heater air intake from the engine compartment?

MLogan
2017 Trend
Smyrna, TN

I was curious about that. When the engine is off and A/C & Heater is off, is there a setting that will allow fresh air to be drawn into the cabin? That might work. I wonder too, if the fresh air is drawn in through the cabin air filter would it restrict the air flow draw of the Maxxair fan?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
An alternative to consider - buy the wind/rain deflectors that install over the windows up front. Make a couple of simple bug screens out of mosquito netting or no-see-um material. Attach with magnets. Done.
Missionary friend of mine who has lived full time and travelled the U.S. for the last ten years in his Class B does pretty much just like you suggest and says it works just fine. He camps out every night and stays camped for days at a time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts