Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this might be obvious to some, not so obvious to others BUT, an extraction fan such as the Maxxair fan that we've been discussing needs air to extract...w/o an intake its pretty useless....so i ordered a pair of these so that i can leave the windows cracked a couple inches so that the fan will have a place to pull air FROM! w/o getting rained on inside the van...i have it set up so that anything over 90 degrees will open and start the fan...i did a test with the windows both open about 2", you'd be surprised how much air that fan moves through there...and its all at the top so only the hottest air will be removed

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far back as possible, so as to drag all the hot air from front to rear and create the most complete air movement

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the weathertech ones...i have no idea what they look like exactly because their website is such a piece of **** they have no photo, BUT their products usually rock...so...i'm sure they are pretty much the same...roughly the same price also...probably made by the same chinese dude :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
i got the weathertech ones...i have no idea what they look like exactly because their website is such a piece of **** they have no photo, BUT their products usually rock...so...i'm sure they are pretty much the same...roughly the same price also...probably made by the same chinese dude :)
I contacted Weathertech a few weeks ago when this product was first released. They sent me the attached picture of the product actually installed on a PM.
I wanted a vent shade that was similar to the Lund AVS, GTS and Stampede brand ones I've had in the past. On the PM in order to cover both windows in the front door, It will likely have to be attached via 3M body molding tape. The Weathertech product looks to be well made, but it is an in-track type mount, so it doesn't cover the fixed window. This may make airflow better while driving with the window open, but I like the aesthetics and sun shade ability better if the visor goes over both windows. I contacted Lund and Stampede, but they don't have anything available yet. I'm holding off for now waiting to see what else comes along. Also FYI Weathertech is very proud of their American workers and American factories. If their vent visors are made by a Chinese fellow, I bet he at least has a green card and is working in the U.S. legally.:laugh: Also Weathertech has a digital fit floor liner for the front of the PM due to be released any day now.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think I got the act of congress approved to attach an image. Hooray!!! image001.png

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

Soffet vents 8 bucks ,store them under the seat. Had to do some mods.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Is there any guidelines for air change rate, for when people are sleeping in the van, so that the moisture doesn't build up, and more importantly, if there is a leak of fumes or carbon monoxide from a heater (leaking in)?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
very cool idea...no pun intended
Ha ha Thank you! What the heck I thought. Having these are better than a
whip in the belly with a frozen boot lace:eek:! I wont be sucking in all the
bugs.Has a screen on the back side.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, all kinds of great stuff to buy....i got the acrylic deflectors...i'm not a fan of how they look but now i can leave my windows down about 4" to allow the maxxair to do its thing...BUT i can only put the fan on setting 30 or so...before it creates a vacuum and struggles....its still better flow than non at all...keeps the interior of the van much cooler when its 97 outside

·
Registered
259 Posts
wow, all kinds of great stuff to buy....i got the acrylic deflectors...i'm not a fan of how they look but now i can leave my windows down about 4" to allow the maxxair to do its thing...BUT i can only put the fan on setting 30 or so...before it creates a vacuum and struggles....its still better flow than non at all...keeps the interior of the van much cooler when its 97 outside

Yeah, the Maxxair can move some serious air - designed for a large RV. I like the "ceiling fan" (reverse flow) mode too for when I'm sleeping in the van.

·
Registered
810 Posts
How about some photos of what they look like installed??
thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes... how about a few photos of the acrylic ones that you bought and a link as to where you got them??
How was the install??

Thannks alot

·
Registered
810 Posts
I got my Weathertec 'in-channel' set yesterday and installed them this morning.
The fit is very tight, and slowed the window speed going up alot.
Especially the drivers side..
The breaker even kicked out a few times having to wait a sec for resets.
After about 20 minutes of messing with them,
I took them off for fear of shorting the life of my window lifts.
Ill wait for some 'stick-on' ones.
Good luck

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got my Weathertec 'in-channel' set yesterday and installed them this morning.
The fit is very tight, and slowed the window speed going up alot.
Especially the drivers side..
The breaker even kicked out a few times having to wait a sec for resets.
After about 20 minutes of messing with them,
I took them off for fear of shorting the life of my window lifts.
Ill wait for some 'stick-on' ones.
Good luck
Thanx for the "heads up" on this problem. Was just gonna pull the trigger on the same set in dark tint until I read your post. I can see resistance being an issue since there is a piece that travels the entire vertical length of the window not just the very top horizontal portion. Not worth the hassle...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanx for the "heads up" on this problem. Was just gonna pull the trigger on the same set in dark tint until I read your post. I can see resistance being an issue since there is a piece that travels the entire vertical length of the window not just the very top horizontal portion. Not worth the hassle...
What I decided to do, as I cracked one taking them off.....
Was to chop off the vertical section...
Got some 3M double stick tape,
Then converted the horizontals to 'stick-on'.. and all is well with the set up.
I can live with them instead of spending more $$$ on a new set.
Good luck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts