Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not in a good humor, the air conditioning is not working.

Just noticed it as I was leaving Hood River, Oregon, to go home (Montreal)

It is going to be a very pleasant 48 hours drive (in 5 days). :(

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So, I took my PM to the dealer 3 weeks ago for maintenance. They said that the problem was the transducer. They didn't have the part, so they told me they would phone me when they would get it

Well, I brought my PM at the beginning of the week to have my locks changed (the theft thing). While I was at the dealer, I mentioned to the manager that I didn't get a call yet about the pending A/C issue. He told me he would look into it right away.

So, I go home. There is already a message on my phone from the the manager telling me the A/C part is in and that I can bring my PM right away. I phoned him back to tell him that the PM is already there, at the body shop, getting the locks fixed.

Later in the day, I get a phone from the body shop people tell me that the door lock are fixed .Well, not exactly (that's another story), but I can pick up my PM. And then the lady tells me:

"We have found a small animal nest under the hood. The thing chewed a few wires and, as a result, your A/C is not working. Do you us to ask the repair shop to do the cost repair evaluation?". I told her to go see the guy at the repair shop that takes care of my PM, since they are supposed to change the A/C transducer, which is obviously not the problem.

I did phone the repair guy later in the afternoon and he told me "Yeah, we knew about the chewed wires, we just forgot to mention it to you". Yeah, yeah.

So, my A/C is fixed, at least that's what they tell me, because I have no idea how to test the A/C in below 50F temperatures. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
399 Posts
...So, my A/C is fixed, at least that's what they tell me, because I have no idea how to test the A/C in below 50F temperatures. Any ideas on that?
It should run with the defroster on. Not sure exactly what A/C clutch looks like on these, but usually you can see the hub in the center of the pulley start spinning when the compressor cycles on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts