Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 1st post and hope I'm in right department ! We have a PM 3500 ('17) Winnebago trend , really liking it too .
Question is regarding the A/C , coming back from long weekend trip in Iowa it was pretty warm and a/c going on hi , noticed fan would ' kick down' intermittently and then resume hi speed . Could it be a overload kicking in to help fan or something to that effect ?
Wasn't terribly annoying , did continue cold air . Thanks for any input !

·
Registered
'16 2500 159 HT Granite Window - OH(io)
337 Posts
If you find out why, please let us know. Mine did the same thing coming back from Florida. Long hot drive, AC on max the entire trip. (I have since sound-proofed / insulated and added a rear A/C unit in the compartment over the cab area). Maiden voyage next week.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Having the same problem with intermittent loss of cooling. Planning to take to dealer.

·
Registered
625 Posts
When you put the airflow selection to the dash vents and turn the A/C on, the system will move to being in Recirc mode for airflow. It may start in Fresh air, but after a minute it will move to Recirc. When in Recirc the fan/air noise is louder; when it is in Fresh Air it is quieter.

Now, it will move to Recirc whether you select it or not. And while it has been in Recirc for quite awhile, it will change over to Fresh Air for a minute and then back to Recirc. You will hear the change by a lowering of the sound of airflow, and then back to 'normal'. All of this is more noticeable when you have the fan at Max setting.

On the other side of things, if you have the Airflow selection set to Defrost, it will turn on the A/C and go to Fresh Air; neither setting can you override.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the explanation there Z ! Sounds like they made a system that watches over itself, I'll inquire at dealer when I go for a couple minor warranty items ...see if they can come up with a wiz bang theory of some kind, it's always fun to watch them squirm a little 0:)

·
Banned
207 Posts
Curious, on average how well does the dash AC cool the entire van ?

It's a lot of volume and assume it will only cool down the front section where seating is and disperse quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it can be due to overloading but to decide the actual cause you must contact your local air conditioning contractors who can investigate the right reason for this. I would suggest if your repairing cost is going high then instead of repairing go for complete air conditioning replacement NJ, as this can increase its efficiency in a long run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts