Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually put aftermarket wheels on the PMC?

After searching threads here some research it appears there is little choice in aftermarket rims due to the odd sizing of the Fiat/RAM

Bolt pattern 5x108
Diameter: 15.0'' - 17.0'';
Width (inches): 6 - 7.5;
Offset (mm): 48 - 52.

looks like the PMC is still too new for aftermarket availability at this point but if anyone has success please share!

·
Registered
154 Posts
5x108 is quite possibly the worst bolt pattern for aftermarket rims in North America and or the world. Even the promaster uses a silly bolt pattern. Reminds me of the 7 lug Ford rims.
You might want to try looking for 5x4.25" rims as well since they are almost identical spacing. Don't expect a lot of results on either though.
Just be careful of the hub diameter on the PMC. Too small is fine, they make adapters to make them hub centric, too big and you are SOL. Sorry I don't know the hub size.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CB is 63.3

Most 5/108 wheels have close to 40/45 offset on 1010tires.com not many up in the 50 range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aftermarket wheels

I bought a set of 20" Porsche rims (20 x 8.5 + 50mm ) off Ebay from NYC and the company machined the bore to 77.95mm and drilled the lug bolt holes to 16mm for me for free
Rims were about $650 delivered and I should get them early next week. Its no problems getting wheels you just need to ask around

·
Registered
129 Posts
Winter rims

I'm looking for steel aftermarket for snow tires, not having much luck. Mopar sells the OEM rims here in Canada, but they are expensive! Well north of $200 / rim when a typical snow tire rim is what $35 -50 per rim

·
Registered
6 Posts
http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28058&stc=1&d=1483424719
I put 17's on mine. It was about as big as I could go without rubbing in the back.
The 17s look nice. I am also interested in aftermarket wheels for my 2017.

From Wheel Size dot com, I have found the OEM wheel size is 16x6.5 with a 52mm offset. The bolt pattern they list is 5x98, not 5x108 listed earlier on this thread.

Can you provide the specs on the wheels you bought?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got these on Amazon, the fit is exact. Amazon said it does not fit the PMC but it does, [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8MP61H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you still looking for wheels I have two , new with same tires as factory, got them because PMC came with no spare. replaced PMC with a 2500 HT PM>

·
Registered
13 Posts
My brother gifted me these off EBay from Detroit Wheels & Tires. They're OEM Ram wheels w/ 2 in hubs powder coated black but much cheaper than from a dealership or Mopar. They came balanced, stems, w/ ram caps & shipped for about $1600. OEMs run $2K + a set.
This place evidently takes in different &/or old sets & makes them new again. I've had them on for about 10 days w/ no issues. I've not even had time to decide on chrome or black lug nuts.
FYI~ these black 2 inch 50mm wheel caps on these are HARD to find at a good price, unlike the 2.5 63mm larger caps for the 1500 p/ups you can order from China cheap.
These caps aren't OEM, they are actually the ram head off the stock OEM bolt on hubcaps that comes on the steel wheels. (Wheel Center Cap - Mopar (5XW61LS6AA inserted into the Wheel Cover - Mopar (68263172AA)
They have been fitted into an adaptor that fits into the hub. The larger size is your ordinary ram head wheel cap that can be ordered from China. When we unpacked the wheels & were putting them on, one was loose & found that 2 of the 4 pegs had broken off. The guys at DW&T sent me a new one (the whole set) but the sent the larger ones! So now they have to send the 2 inch ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts