Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just received an official looking postcard regarding the soon to expire warranty on my PM. I called Ram and they said nothing came up related to the 10 letter VIN code on the card. So then I called the toll free# and they offered a full 5 year warranty extension for $4,400! Hmm. Upon further discussion with another rep (passed on to the "supervisor") I said I would want to pay in full with no payment plan so they said cost would be $3500. Hmm Hmm. Next they said I only needed to pay a refundable $175 fee "TODAY" but that the file would be cleared and the warranty offer would be withdrawn unless I pay with credit card right away. Suspicious; I pushed back on them and the up front payment was dropped to $100. Gradually this overly friendly sales guy got grumpy and eventually insulted me when I refused to offer him my credit card # after "wasting his time"!!!

Have others experienced this? It creeped my out but clearly many people fall for this as the sales guy worked me pretty hard. OMEGA was the apparent provider.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You will be plagued with these sort of "offers". Your purchase of the van is a matter of public records and these outfits peruse them all the time.

To answer your question, yes, many have experienced the cards and calls. Worse yet, if you hang up and block that phone number, they will call back with a different spoofed phone number.

If you want an extended warranty, go through Chrysler or any local dealer or perhaps even your bank. The you will know you are getting something that will be honored later. Avoid the TV offerings. They have so many loopholes in their coverage that they're policies are worthless too. Some offer you 30 days to change your mind. You cannot make a claim in that first 30 days, so you can only find out the hard way they aren't worth their cost.

If the deal seems fishy, it most likely is.

·
Registered
2019 Ram PM 3500 High Top 159" WB EXT
43 Posts
Best advice I can give you is stay on top of maintenance and deal with issues before they become bigger issues, and save up an emergency fund for repairs. Regardless of whether to choose to get an extended warranty (I personally don't go for those) or not.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts