Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Have about 2500 miles on my 1500 high roof. I really like it.

Has anyone found a source for aftermarket items? I'm looking for cab step or running board and I'm not sure if you will be able to add a hitch or not due to the uni-body construction.

As I said, like the van. Minor grips; the accelerator is to touchy from a stop, the FWD is a bit odd when trying to back up slowly. It lunges and is made worst by the throttle surge from a stop.

If the truck proves to be reliable. I think it will be a big hit.

Mark,
PA, USA

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Mark! Congrats on your van! I'm getting excited for my low roof...it's due in a week or so. I'm on the hunt for aftermarket stuff as well. I keep checking some of the van up fit sites, etc. The only hitch that is available is the Curt 13150. It's a class III hitch. That hitch is universal to all of the promasters. If you happen to come across any other aftermarket accessories, please share...I know I'm interested!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi mjs. Congratulations on your truck . i ordered 1500 low roof about a month ago , still waiting. Out of curiosity , whats your mpg? thank you.

29 Posts
Hello Mjs,

We are the manufacturer of ProMaster aftermarket parts but generally stainless steel and aluminum exterior parts and accessories, if you would be interested in this kind of aftermarket parts and accessories, l would like to assist you with details.
By the way, l wish you all Happy New Year.

Kind Regards,
Onur

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
edit:.... The only hitch that is available is the Curt 13150. It's a class III hitch. That hitch is universal to all of the promasters. If you happen to come across any other aftermarket accessories, please share...I know I'm interested![/QUOTE]

Bob , thanks for the info re: the hitch. Just today I received an email from Luverne Truck Equipment as follows: "Luverne Truck Equipment will be making steps for the Promaster Van. We are looking at a couple of weeks before they are available."

They make a nice "Grip Step" which is open grate design I think I'll go with.

Mark
PA USA

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mark, I just checked their site! Good to know that people are starting to implement PM's into their product line! Keep us posted if you happen to get more info!

Bob

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I'd check with overseas retailers as mentioned above. I would guess that a good amount of Fiat Ducato stuff will fit without any real modification.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ollie: Right now not so great... around 15 mpg avg. city highway mix... That said during the break in period I'm careful not to "lug" the engine. I manually down shift at times to keep the rpm's up. As the van breaks in I'll let the transmission do its own thing, it will spend more time in 6th gear and I'm guessing it will 16 or better mpg.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Everything i have seen online so far is just chrome aftermarket parts that are mainly aesthetic. I don't care so much how pretty my Promaster looks, so they are not for me. It would be nice to see some more utilitarian aftermarket parts for the Promaster given the Promaster is a utilitarian vehicle.

29 Posts
We are manufacturer of ProMaster roof racks, if you could be interested, l could inform you about the pictures and how to buy from USA.
By the way about all kind of Promaster parts and accessories l suggest you to check EUROCAMPERS, they are the best Promaster parts and accessories seller in USA.
This is the Promaster product range link of EUROCAMPERS:
http://www.eurocampers.com/Dodge-ProMaster-Parts-Accessories_c_511.html

Regards,
Onur

1 - 14 of 14 Posts