Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am interested in a 2015 ProMaster City but it doesn't come with cruise control. I did see the thread in the ProMaster forum about aftermarket cruise, but no mention of anyone installing it on the PMC. Rostra did just announce its new model for the PMC but I'm still a little hesitant to make such modifications. Any thoughts/info would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Go for it!

I have a PM, not a PMC.

That being said, I did all the research, read the install instructions, and decided to put the Rostra aftermarket cruise system in my van.

Every connection was "unplug this-plug in adapter-plug cable back in", except for one. On the PM, one wire needs to be soldered onto an ignition wire by the key. I was concerned, but discovered that there was a nearby connector I could unplug, giving me the wire length I needed to solder the wire on without having to do any gymnastics under the dash.

Total time to install, about an hour, and I'm a details guy.. ty wraps, tucked in, etc. The main control module was small and tucked in securely behind the dash.

Recently back from a 3300 mile trip, I have to say I would have been a lot less comfortable driving without it installed. The cruise control itself looks (and may be) the same as factory. It holds speed very accurately 90% of the time, sometimes over-accelerates on a hill, but hardly noticeable, and not often.

It takes a slightly heavier push on the brake pedal to dis-engage, as compared to cars I have with cruise. Not a big deal.

The one feature I wish it had? An indicator light so I could see if it was active. There's a light that shows green when turned on, but no light to indicate "cruise engaged". Not a big deal.

Satisfaction rating? a 95! Install? pretty easy, just take your time.:)

Ed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the feedback! I drive very long distances and cruise control is a must, but it feels like such a gamble to make such an important purchase based on the assumption that all will work out with the aftermarket modifications. Will sleep on it some more. Thanks again for the insight!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wouldn't get a PMC without cruise, look at another dealer perhaps?
The Rostra switch gear for the PMC looks like its from a 1990's GM, so ugly! I'm not cool with looking at my knee to see if my cruise is on or taking my hand off the wheel to fumble around blindly.
At least the Rostra PM version looks somewhat factory, what were they thinking with the PMC?? "Control switch blends with vehicles interiors" lol, really??
P.S
The factory cruise is on the face of the steering wheel and is very easy to operate. The instrument display will tell you when its on/off as well as an indicator light in the instrument cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts