Hi everyone. I’m in the early stages of converting a 159”. Currently working on the subfloor. The floor squeak is driving me nuts. Almost every location on the floor has some amount of squeak when stepped on, even after a couple rounds of trimming & shaping. Video attached. Any ideas? I'm on the verge of abandoning the foam-only layer and laying wood framing. Thanks for your help.
Video: Promaster XPS Floor Squeaking Example
Based on various threads in the forum I went with the following:
- 1/2” ACX Plywood over 1” XPS
- Cut & painted both sides of plywood the same day to try and minimize warping (still seems to be a light bow)
- Did not fill the 0.30” floor channels, or adhere the layers together.
-1/4”+ gap between floor and all vertical surfaces
- Small wood supports at slider and rear door openings.
- Used M8 bolts at flat washers at factory tie-down locations.
- Taped all XPS butt joints using foil tape.