Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow diesel owners, I am coming up on an oil change in the next thousand miles and want to clean out both carbon from in the engine and also clean my DPF (ideally before the next oil change).

I'm pretty sure the engine could use it as I have had to idle the engine for heat while working in the cold and I know that isn't good for it - I often ended up with the engine running below normal operating temps. I now have a Webasto unit installed for heat so I won't be needing to idle anymore, but I still want to deal with the carbon buildup I almost certainly have caused.

From what I know, this would be two separate treatments, which is fine, I figure I would run a tank with a carbon-removal cleaner first, then on the next tank use a DPF cleaner.

What I am looking for are recommendations as to what products to use. There are a bunch out there and almost certainly some of them are worse than snake oil.

Advice?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2015 Diesel Promaster, ~94K miles

·
Registered
2015 diesel 118" wheelbase 3/15 build Mexico
288 Posts
Hello fellow diesel owners, I am coming up on an oil change in the next thousand miles and want to clean out both carbon from in the engine and also clean my DPF (ideally before the next oil change).

I'm pretty sure the engine could use it as I have had to idle the engine for heat while working in the cold and I know that isn't good for it - I often ended up with the engine running below normal operating temps. I now have a Webasto unit installed for heat so I won't be needing to idle anymore, but I still want to deal with the carbon buildup I almost certainly have caused.

From what I know, this would be two separate treatments, which is fine, I figure I would run a tank with a carbon-removal cleaner first, then on the next tank use a DPF cleaner.

What I am looking for are recommendations as to what products to use. There are a bunch out there and almost certainly some of them are worse than snake oil.

Advice?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2015 Diesel Promaster, ~94K miles
I use this stuff periodically usually when I can burn a half a tank with a road trip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts