Ram Promaster Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Latest 411 from AVE :
A Message from Adventure Van Expo:

Hello all AVE attendees! Thanks for reserving a ticket!

We are working on a fun and healthy show for you. So a few things:

1. Don't forget, its at Sierra at Tahoe, off the 50 111 Sierra at Tahoe Road Twin Bridges CA
2. Please wear a mask in the expo.
3. Bring food and water, due to covid their is no vending.
4. Show schedule is Sat.10-5, Sun.10-3
5. Its going to be hot for Tahoe.
6. We are going to limit traffic in the venue, so keeping that in mind, think about coming Sunday or off peak hours like 10-12, 3-5 Sat.
7. You must have a camping pass to camp, camping is for Fri. Sat.
8. We cannot have a "gathering" so as much as we appreciate you coming up, please enjoy the expo and head out to make room for others.

Thank you,
Adventure Van Expo

Adventure Van Expo Lake Tahoe
Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 10:00 AM - Monday, September 7, 2020 at 3:00 PM (PDT)
Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort
1111 Sierra-At-Tahoe Road
Twin Bridges, CA 95735

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've sent messages to them on all platforms about the show in Ridgefield, WA with no response so maybe they'll see this... Where can we camp near the show???

·
Registered
895 Posts
These are "grassroots" events . There's camping on site for Tahoe , Big Bear is in the middle of town , campgrounds all around in the mountains . Neil (one guy) gets these organized , this year has been a handful .
ThomD , are you sure you want to stay down here in the 108' heat instead of high eighties in Tahoe ? Bring you mask and some hand sanitizer .

·
Registered
213 Posts
These are "grassroots" events . There's camping on site for Tahoe , Big Bear is in the middle of town , campgrounds all around in the mountains . Neil (one guy) gets these organized , this year has been a handful .
ThomD , are you sure you want to stay down here in the 108' heat instead of high eighties in Tahoe ? Bring you mask and some hand sanitizer .
Details for the California show are clear, it's the Washington show that I've been asking them about.

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,076 Posts
Yeah, we are going to drive over to the coast and get in a ride there. 108 - Oi.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Here we go again , AVE in Big Bear , 3rd postponement and it's on . Tahoe show below . Which Promaster did I get the OEM alloy wheels from ?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Great idea from Glamper Vans Airline track hand holds . Soft "cabinets" also attach . My favorite idea is the table that attaches to the rear doors , the wind won't slam these .

·
Registered
895 Posts
VanVan with Van . My neighbor in the Sprinter grew up a few miles away in the LA area , turns out we ran over a lot of the same ground . Nice community . We got most of the campers to light up the parking lot that evening .

·
Registered
895 Posts
So So Cal Vanners and those in the area come up and get those good ideas for your rig , hand sanitizer and masks and a camera and notepad

·
Registered
895 Posts
From the So Cal area Big Bear AVE my pick is modular aluminum kits from Losthiway Customs . Nice stuff .

·
Registered
895 Posts
Best part was watching folks walking around with notepads ! That is why I encourage "newbees" to check out these events .
Ideas lead to plans , another Van on the road :D 🚐 . And if you spot a "camper van" flash your lights .

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’d love to go, but I’d want to stay overnight — too long of a drive for a day trip for me. The website says “camping” is sold out. For those who have attended before, how difficult would it be to stay overnight in the van there?

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
656 Posts
Plenty of places to camp at Tahoe this time of year.
You could park on any backstreet and be safe.
Blackwood Canyon and up to the top is Barker pass. Beyond great place to boondock.
Sugar Pine point state park campground is fantastic.
So many places to camp there in the off season.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts