Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
The VANS are the one unifying link here . To some it's the van/build is the destination . "Look how opulent I made mine" . " How about my craftsmanship " . " See how cheep I is " (me) . To others , " how quick and comfortable can we get this baby on the road and let's go see some sights " . The cool kids will come together , admire each others handiwork (or credit limit) , afterwords go home and park the van . The kids that don't need no cool will continue on to the next campsite , vista , remote nothing .
I find it amazing that the marketing girl from Battle Born doesnt know about this forum ,and others ??? We have to thank dTTOCS for the heads up .Why didn't the Expo hit us up a month ahead ???
All that aside , that loosely organized Expo turned into a "happening" with non-vanners pulling off the highway all day to see what we're up to .
I would go to the "plebes" Van Expo again anytime .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’ve finally uploaded some photos and added captions for context. KNDLKSTMS has his van in a couple of the photos - see if you can find it :)

https://dttocs.smugmug.com/Camper-van/Adventure-Van-Expo/

I’ll also try to link some selected photos in this thread directly, but given how long it’s taken me to upload, I figured I’d share these now.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Note to all new builders . . . . dttocs has chronicled the mostly whole van scene in his link . Required viewing . Lots of detailed pics .
Where to start ?? dttocs gallery . Then research the execution .
Thank you again ,dttocs , for a great weekend , vans and all .

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
We have a large space reserved for the Mount Hood event and will have a number of really well done customer vans and our R&D vans there. Please come say hi and ask all the questions you want. Our warehouse is in Hood River only ~40 miles away and we plan to have some specials going on.

All the best,
Hein

·
Registered
895 Posts
Lake Tahoe A V E time again . Next weekend 9/7-8 . Wow , Lake Tahoe , other folks vans , camping , what more could you ask for ?
Looking forward to meeting some more PM'rs . Thanks DTTOCS .

·
Registered
248 Posts
I attend the Expo this past weekend and had a great time! I was happy to see quite a few Promaster builds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
atomicrider , sorry we didn't meet , always looking forward to meeting Forum PM'rs . I saw some amazing vans and stole great ideas . And I hope ideas were stole from me (like the "astro-turf" like floor). Did you stick around for the ROAMBUILT sponsored Brat dinner and Jagermeister ??? (ROAMBUILT makes beautiful stuff)
Full report forthcoming ( and the genius SHOWER in the Sprinter next to me).
And a great weekend in Ta Hoe .

·
Registered
248 Posts
Actually, I do think that we did meet briefly. I was in the Dragon Fly Tarps booth one row away from you. When you mentioned the Astro turf, I remember seeing your van.

We did indulge in some brats! Roambuilt definitely does nice work and have a fun time socializing with the crowds.

We will definitely be back next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'd say that the best idea I saw was the shower in the middle of the floor at the slider of the Sprinter next to me at the AVE . He had about 2" of insulation etc under the floor , shower pan sunk in with teak grate . Covered it up with floor mat . Got me thinking about Proeddie's basement .

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Dang, we drove through Reno (wife’s parents) about that time, would have enjoyed the meet & greet!

On the road full time in our Two Van Caravan...

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
6,342 Posts
We plan to attend this.

Rather informal:

·
Registered
895 Posts
So all you out west and traveling out west the Adventure Van Expo will be in Lake Tahoe (Kirkwood) in 10 days . September 5/6 . Also the next weekend in Big Bear the 12/13 . Fortunately us vanners are intelligent enough to mask up and distance enough so these free events can happen .
Highly recommended for new vanners and under construction vanners too .
I'm really excited as I'll be "van camping " for 11 days , the most time I've been in it so far . Bringing the note pad for +'s ,-'s of the setup . Best of all , the van will be hauling the "VanVan" for trail rides in the eastern Sierra , talk about "cram jam full" .
A giant thanks to dttocs for the turn on to these events !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Their website says Sierra-at-Tahoe not Kirkwood.

So all you out west and traveling out west the Adventure Van Expo will be in Lake Tahoe (Kirkwood) in 10 days . September 5/6 . Also the next weekend in Big Bear the 12/13 . Fortunately us vanners are intelligent enough to mask up and distance enough so these free events can happen .
Highly recommended for new vanners and under construction vanners too .
I'm really excited as I'll be "van camping " for 11 days , the most time I've been in it so far . Bringing the note pad for +'s ,-'s of the setup . Best of all , the van will be hauling the "VanVan" for trail rides in the eastern Sierra , talk about "cram jam full" .
A giant thanks to dttocs for the turn on to these events ! View attachment 66202

·
Registered
895 Posts
Your right , my bad . I've only been planning this adventure most of the year :rolleyes:. Big Bear was postponed from May . The shows have been adjusted , rescheduled , twisted around . I've had to reschedule campsite res's twice .
This will be fun , just no handshaking , huggin n' kissin . I will miss the Jager shots and Brat lunch (big thanks Roambuilt) .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does sound fun and the wife and I are planning on going. As a longtime lurker and sometime poster, would be nice to meet in person some of the folks on here. From a respectable distance of course. Website says dogs are allowed but not encouraged... we'll be recognizable as we'll have to bring our mini husky Juno along with us. If you see us please do stop us and say hello!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts