Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The commercial inspector enquired and there I nothing that he can inspect or give you a certification for.... But by mounting with correct grade hardware and steel if for.whatever reason the insurance company was to question the install it would be build strong enough that would satisfy them.

I also had a friend get seats installed and he gets all the vehicles after they are in an accident and he said that insurance companies would realise that this is the strongest part of your van now so would be all good

I am delighted with install and for piece of.mind I have two collision /commercial inspectors input.

Hope this answers your question

·
Registered
2019 ProMaster 159HR
34 Posts
The commercial inspector enquired and there I nothing that he can inspect or give you a certification for.... But by mounting with correct grade hardware and steel if for.whatever reason the insurance company was to question the install it would be build strong enough that would satisfy them.

I also had a friend get seats installed and he gets all the vehicles after they are in an accident and he said that insurance companies would realise that this is the strongest part of your van now so would be all good

I am delighted with install and for piece of.mind I have two collision /commercial inspectors input.

Hope this answers your question
Thank you for this thread as I am planning on doing the same thing for our work van soon. I see that you added a window to your plan, did you add one to the cargo door too and was this a requirement for the safety inspectors or just for "resale value"? Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No problem . It allready came with window in passenger sliding door and I added window on drivers side as I wanted more light . All just preference. Thanks

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,476 Posts
This might be of use to someone wanting to add seats to the rear, they're answering commonly asked questions here, Premium Seating Systems for Upfitters & Van owners, also visit the galley, click on a pic and cycle thru some to see how they mount them.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,661 Posts
Notable that Phil's link has lots of useful information... no pictures of seats they have added to a Promaster. Also notable that Sprinter and Transit offer factory additional seating, Promaster does not...

I've looked for a long time but have not found pictures provided by an upfitter that shows what they have used under the floor.

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT Camper Conversion in CT (TX for now due to Covid)
985 Posts
Notable that Phil's link has lots of useful information... no pictures of seats they have added to a Promaster. Also notable that Sprinter and Transit offer factory additional seating, Promaster does not...

I've looked for a long time but have not found pictures provided by an upfitter that shows what they have used under the floor.
Underfloor bracket photos don't sell vans like open door shots out the back with females in bikinis laying on the bed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I finally got the seats fitted . I got a bracket that raises the seats off the ground 8" so that they are level with the front swivel seats to make a dinette. Pretty happy with them View attachment 61474 View attachment 61475 View attachment 61476

That is so perfect! We want to do exactly that. We got the 159extended. We messed up and got the passenger seats though. So there's that frame/chasis under the van in the way of where the seat sits where you have it.

Can you give some tips how you mounted it under the van? Also where did you get the 8inch bracket for the seat to match the height of the driver swivel seat? Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
So I finally got the seats fitted . I got a bracket that raises the seats off the ground 8" so that they are level with the front swivel seats to make a dinette. Pretty happy with them View attachment 61474 View attachment 61475 View attachment 61476
Hi. That raised frame is exactly what we’re looking for to fit in our conversion. Was it custom made or were you able to purchase it as an item. We’re in the uk and there seems to be very little information about available options.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi. That raised frame is exactly what we’re looking for to fit in our conversion. Was it custom made or were you able to purchase it as an item. We’re in the uk and there seems to be very little information about available options.
I'm in Canada and got a metal fabricator to make it . Pretty inexpensive. Any good metal shop should be able to do what you need. Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That is so perfect! We want to do exactly that. We got the 159extended. We messed up and got the passenger seats though. So there's that frame/chasis under the van in the way of where the seat sits where you have it.

Can you give some tips how you mounted it under the van? Also where did you get the 8inch bracket for the seat to match the height of the driver swivel seat? Thank you!!!
So sorry for super late reply , for some reason it was in my junk email. The frame /chassis that you refering to is under all the promasters. I got the bracket made up by metal fabricator and got all the correct grade hardware as to what the requirements were. Then I got a commercial inspector/mechanic to that we take all our work fleet to to install. It is bolted through the chassis with sleeves inside the chassis section for extra strength. Hope that helps although probably too late

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
So sorry for super late reply , for some reason it was in my junk email. The frame /chassis that you refering to is under all the promasters. I got the bracket made up by metal fabricator and got all the correct grade hardware as to what the requirements were. Then I got a commercial inspector/mechanic to that we take all our work fleet to to install. It is bolted through the chassis with sleeves inside the chassis section for extra strength. Hope that helps although probably too late
Can you show pictures of the install? Especially underneath?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts