Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159" 2500 HR Window Van
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please......
All the many posts and videos about adding rear speaker functionality show how to do it on the the older analogue radio unit : "... press three of buttons simultaneously for 5 sec to get system support screen, scroll down to engineering, update from 6x6 to 8x8 setting, etc".

On my 2022 we have a 10 inch touch screen and I can't find any option to get that support function. Also the audio settings currently don't provide for any front/rear fade so I suspect it is not set up up already. Does anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
846 Posts
You may need to have speakers installed and fully wired for the unit to initiate control.

·
Registered
159" 2500 HR Window Van
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found a Stellantis bulletin as attached. Seems this will require a Dealer visit since....

This procedure utilizes dealer service tools. If this is an outside service facility with access to DealerConnect and WiTech, the procedure can be performed. If there is no access to either of those systems/tools, the vehicle will need to be taken to a Ram Business Link dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great information ... many thanks RamVanGuy for posting.

I stopped by a local dealer, but the parts guys were unable lo locate the rear speakers in their system.

Any thoughts as to locating speakers for the rear?

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
846 Posts
Rear speakers are not an actual Ram part. You can go to any auto stereo store to find something appropriate.
Where would you like to have the in the back of your van?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Edit: Oh, it appears you did find a service bulletin on this. Too bad that is exactly what they did. I love the way they added "charges may apply", which was probably the whole point.

You are likely breaking new ground with the new 10" display telematics/radio on the 2022. The pre-2022 units are not analogue (or even much simpler than the latest), but have been around long enough for everyone to discover all the "Easter Eggs" and other interesting tricks for messing with settings, etc.

The may be a big difference in the approach by Stellantis however. Just as with the introduction of the OBD2 security gateway in 2018 models, Stellantis may have decided to prevent changes to the telematics/radio setup without a passcode and/or the official WiTech software.

Help please......
All the many posts and videos about adding rear speaker functionality show how to do it on the the older analogue radio unit : "... press three of buttons simultaneously for 5 sec to get system support screen, scroll down to engineering, update from 6x6 to 8x8 setting, etc".

On my 2022 we have a 10 inch touch screen and I can't find any option to get that support function. Also the audio settings currently don't provide for any front/rear fade so I suspect it is not set up up already. Does anyone have ideas?

·
Registered
159" 2500 HR Window Van
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have installed the speakers in the back rear pillars using @diytech excellent instructions. I put in 6.5 inch Kenwood. My selection criteria was real simple - I did not want to change out the original stock radio unit so needed highest efficiency possible to drive the rear speakers with enough volume. Cruchfield's has a good site to investigate the various brands. I believe the Kenwood were 91 efficiency (defined as dB at 1 watt I think) which were the highest available at a modest price.
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle door Gadget

·
Registered
159" 2500 HR Window Van
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are likely breaking new ground with the new 10" display telematics/radio on the 2022. The pre-2022 units are not analogue (or even much simpler than the latest), but have been around long enough for everyone to discover all the "Easter Eggs" and other interesting tricks for messing with settings, etc.
@diytech

Yup for sure when you go to the dealer.... some charges will apply. I am still deep into the build so the van is not going anywhere for a few more weeks then I will venture into the lions den and enquire at the Dealer. The main reason I looked for the service bulletin is that I expect the Dealer will be clueless...at least for the first model year with the touch screen.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I wish you good luck in the lions den!

I've always been very skeptical when it comes to dealer service departments, and in general my experiences with CJDR have proven that I'm not off base. We have two Fiats, and on more than one occasion I've had to "go in the back" to help the service technician with the WiTech software. The Fiat forum was the reason I was able to do that, and I think this forum can make us all better informed by sharing what we learn.

Yup for sure when you go to the dealer.... some charges will apply. I am still deep into the build so the van is not going anywhere for a few more weeks then I will venture into the lions den and enquire at the Dealer. The main reason I looked for the service bulletin is that I expect the Dealer will be clueless...at least for the first model year with the touch screen.

·
Registered
159" 2500 HR Window Van
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What model Kenwood speakers did you select ?

Thanks

Hi @Spongebob - I bought 4 so I can have matching ones in front when I get to eventually change out the stock OEM door speakers. Sorry that cant tell you how well they work because that is still not sorted.

·
Registered
159" 2500 HR Window Van
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just a gentle reminder, but be wary of wire that is listed as CCA or "copper clad aluminum" when shopping for an automotive or marine application. The conductors are actually aluminum, not copper. While fine for home use (no vibration or movement), that type is not so great in a moving vehicle. This wire branded by Pyle is pretty good stuff (18 AWG works great for the OEM radio unit):

1 - 16 of 16 Posts