Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is another thread on power mirrors, mostly about defrost.

Does anyone know if I can buy Power folding adjustable Mirrors and controls so I can switch out my manual mirrors?

I have have to park against a wall and need to retract mirror to park.

Promaster 2500

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I found and aquired a control for Power folding adjustable mirrors. Now I need to find the mirrors or at least one for passenger side.

Does anyone know if I will need to get wire harness for mirrors, or is it all there already?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ok I found and aquired a control for Power folding adjustable mirrors. Now I need to find the mirrors or at least one for passenger side.

Does anyone know if I will need to get wire harness for mirrors, or is it all there already?
There's two pax side on eBay right now.

My guess would be the wirings there. It's pretty easy to pull a mirror and check though. But the big question is if the dealer does need to turn it on. The previous issues people had with the rear fader control on the Uconnect 5.0 makes me think much of the PM's systems are tied to the computer...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another question...

Will I need to have dealer flash module to make it work? Like the backup camera...
I think they do. When I had them repair my non-working mirrors, they had to replace the harness and do something with the computer. After they got the heated mirrors working, they could not take the trans out of the park mode which turned out to be a problem with the new harness connection. Now I get a check brakes icon and once in a while a check airbags icon lighting up. The electrical system on these vans leave something to be desired.

Since you most likely would need to build a harness, I would use the factory relays and dash switch but try to supply power to the relay through a switched source, if it does have to go through the computer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mirrors

Find your post enlightening abt the electronics,that's the reason I want to dump my. 08 sprinter,guess you can't get away from these stupid computors no one at the dealerships can't figure out,where to turn??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's two pax side on eBay right now.

My guess would be the wirings there. It's pretty easy to pull a mirror and check though. But the big question is if the dealer does need to turn it on. The previous issues people had with the rear fader control on the Uconnect 5.0 makes me think much of the PM's systems are tied to the computer...
I already emailed sellers. One of them is power adjust not power folding. I am waiting to hear back from the other seller..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts