Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've done some searching and I'm a little unclear about this. Most of the stuff I read was referring to the Promaster City. I understand there is Rostra aftermarket cruise control available but I'm wondering if I can add factory cruise control? It looks like I would have to remove the entire column that has the light switch as well as the wiper switch. Then I need to replace it with the column that includes the cruise switch on it. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if the wires are there to connect everything and make it work. I have a 2016 2500 159'' and it did not come with CC. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rostra cruise control

Just added Rostra 250-9642. WOW easy to install, soldering was tough for me. Worked flawlessly very pleased. well worth it. DIY the dealership has enough of your cash. CHEERS;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep, Rostra

Just added Rostra 250-9642. WOW easy to install, soldering was tough for me. Worked flawlessly very pleased. well worth it. DIY the dealership has enough of your cash. CHEERS;)
Do this ^^^^ Super easy ?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Read this thread... https://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35722

I did the Rostra install after a few others on the forum did... On a full size Promaster, it's an easy install and looks and performs EXACTLY like a factory installed system.

EXCEPT...Not sure if the factory cruise control has an indicator on the dash when it's engaged, but the Rostra doesn't, but that's the only feature I'd like that the Rostra doesn't have.

There is only 1 wire to solder, and I explain an idea on how to make it a bit easier in the aforementioned thread. All the other wires are just plugged in!

... and you don't take a lot of parts apart to do it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I posted #2 . I drove I-95 from NC to NJ exit 10. The cruise worked perfectly, got a trip MPG of 18.5 About 600 miles. good vanning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Rostra increases/decreases by aprox 3-4 mph when I tap the button once. Do you guys have this issue?

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,686 Posts
Fred all new members must post an introductory post first to keep spammers out. Please follow the forum rules and introduce yourself.so you will not be banned from posting again.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, the question remains relevant. How do you think, guys? Is it possible to install the factory cruise control set?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I'm guessing you would run into issues, like wiring harness, BCM/ECM module not enabled for cruise control.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Just watch a Dodge Dart get a factory install, removed the filler piece and install cruise control module, the wiring was already there, plug and play.
So maybe the wiring and connector is already there just unused.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
@Fred2.0
"If" I was doing this mod it appears the cruise control stalk has a connector, I'd have to see if it's tucked up in there somewhere. But I have no reason to tear into the dash so it's not going to happen.
This is my assembly, notice the cruise control stalk mount.

This is the assembly I would have to order, notice the connector.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Fred2.0
"If" I was doing this mod it appears the cruise control stalk has a connector, I'd have to see if it's tucked up in there somewhere. But I have no reason to tear into the dash so it's not going to happen.
View attachment 64037
View attachment 64038
I guess I just need to take off the steering column cover and see what do I have there. Maybe I can find and order just stalk, not the whole module🤔

·
Registered
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Fred2.0
View attachment 64037
View attachment 64038
Hello, Phil!
At last I have some time to take a look at my steering wheel column:
Can you take a look at the picture and tell me, is that the connector I need just to find a stalk and plug it in? So, its gonna be the easiest way?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I have no way of verifying other then pictures, the CC module looks like it the connector should have 2 nubs on it for orientation. I'd hate for you to spend good money on a guess. Getting a cheap CC module from a junk yard might be easier on the wallet for experimenting.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Just to be clear this is a guessing game and you're into unknown territory.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts