Ram Promaster Forum banner

Adding Dash Accessory Switches

13K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  catalin 
#1 ·
Has anyone done any research into adding switches into the factory center console switch group below the HVAC controls for additional accessories?

Wondering what type of switch would be available to put there to mimic the factory switches in the group.

#5 ·
That switch panel is available in different configurations depending on the options in your PM. I seem to recall that when you order a fog light kit, you get a replacement panel with the button for the lights, if no fog lights, different switch panel.

As an alternate, I would suggest that you put additional accessory switches on the clipboard. It is removable, easy to drill for switches, with plenty of room for wires. With the radio chassis slid out, two screws are removed to allow you to lift the clipboard and take it out to work on it.

I put my GPS mount on the clipboard and then added 3 round (easy to drill and mount) switches in front of the GPS mount, about 1" from the front edge of the clipboard. Probably could fit 5 or 6. I use 1 for my backup camera switch, other 2 are for "future expansion". The round switches can be purchased in a number of configurations (SPST, SPDT, momentary) for about a $ each. I'll see if I can find a picture....

Ed

#6 ·
That's right Ed that's what I did in mine. I ordered the version with the fog light switch and had the BCM programmed. If you look closely at the switch 'blanks' they can actually be easily converted to switch. Only issue is that the blank is solid black so it won't illuminate when energized.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.