Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install two lengths of led 5050 today. To those who have wired lights in the cargo area how did you wire them in? I was thinking I don't want to tie them into the existing cargo lights because of the time out on them. Or is there a way to turn that timer off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
If you have the upfitter connector option, it's at the bottom of the column that the passenger seat belt is attached to. Remove the black cover at the base and you will find a red/black pair that provides "50 amps of raw promaster power!":D

bring a wire up the column, to a switch, then to your LEDS. The power is always on so you don't have to have the van running to use the lights.

Ed

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed! I do have the upfitter setup so I tapped right into the 50 amp connector like you said. I wired three 48" strips across the ceiling crossmembers controlled by a switch I mounted by the rear doors. Very bright now! I'll post some pictures later.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Thanks Ed! I do have the upfitter setup so I tapped right into the 50 amp connector like you said. I wired three 48" strips across the ceiling crossmembers controlled by a switch I mounted by the rear doors. Very bright now! I'll post some pictures later.
I put 3 strips in mine too. It is exceptionally bright. I put a dimmer switch on mine. I can adjust it anywhere between 0 to 100%. I ordered mine off of superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I want to led cargo light to my PM 136. I don't know if I have the up fitter. It is a strip down 1500.
If you have the window sticker it's a $35 option. If you have it, the wires are at the bottom of the column behind the passenger seat, under the black plastic cover at the base of the column.

If not, you just need to run a wire from the fuse panel by the driver's left knee, under the step in driver side grey plastic cover, to the back of the van.

Or a wire straight from the battery, with a fuse, to the back of the van.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts