Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read mentions of adding a switch several times on the forum, and done some searching...

On my wish list, I'd like to add the switch that some have mentioned from the back doors to turn the rear cam on while towing and a switch for rear LED lights. For me the "console" near the emergency flasher is an ideal location for both switches, it seems like there are "blanks" in that location but all I can find seems to be replacement flasher button.

Is anyone aware of a switch that would go in that location?

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Keep searching as I recall someone did a write up on making those switches work it seems they are actually there already!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did find that post you reference above. It has to do with the side button panel left of the wheel. I don't understand the soldering a jumper in part, plus the center location is a better location for me.
I found what looks like the whole center button panel #5mk26jxwaa for $42 but after reading some more I'm not sure that those buttons would act as an on/off switch without further modification. I was guessing that they would since one of them is a fog light switch? Would be a bonus if possible to use the other door lock button as another switch in one of the blank bays.

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Thanks, I did find that post you reference above. It has to do with the side button panel left of the wheel. I don't understand the soldering a jumper in part, plus the center location is a better location for me.
I found what looks like the whole center button panel #5mk26jxwaa for $42 but after reading some more I'm not sure that those buttons would act as an on/off switch without further modification. I was guessing that they would since one of them is a fog light switch? Would be a bonus if possible to use the other door lock button as another switch in one of the blank bays.
I just added a switch ($2 or $3) for the BU camera simple, cheap and easy. You can find my write up if you search for it. If not I'll try and repost it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts